Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 06:36 PM

7 posts, read 21,085 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am a student dietician in the United Kingdom and will be graduating next year. First and foremost working and living in New York is something which I really want to do. Ive spent loads of time researching about living here and I'm totally aware of the working visas and its something I am finding more information about from the American embassy here in Ireland (I'm irish but studying in the UK). I'm not the type of person who will come out there without visas and funds in order. Prefer everything to be perfect and all in order!

I have been in new york many times and have family in NJ and Queens but like any independent twenty something I'm not inclined too rely on them to much! I rather find my own two feet! At the moment I'm not that interested in looking up accom and areas to live in (mind you I do have woodside or woodlawn in consideration)

Is there anyone here who can give me an insight in what it is like working in the public health sector (pay, employment opportunities, etc..). Also is the job of a dietician in demand at the moment? I know in the UK opportunities are slowing down due to the whole recession.....but thats the same for every job! Of course I will have experience and references with me! Im not going to be coming over as a inexperienced, just out the university door dietician!

I hope somebody will have valuable information! By the way this site is very informative! A real gem for someone like me who is doing some research
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City