Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:39 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,043,702 times

Advertisements

The group's alleged members and associates -- 35 so far --- were rounded up in early morning raids in Washington Heights and the Bronx. "We are innocent until proven guilty," said one suspect.

They are accused of drug trafficking. Forty-one were indicted after a two year investigation by city and federal officers.

More here (including video) : Large gang bust in Washington Heights - 3/10/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You people here are clueless.

And I always say it. All I hear is "Oh Washington Heights is a nice neighborhood", "Oh gangs aren't a problem in NYC" etc....just because you dont see it, doesn't mean that they're not there. They have dirt on around 41 members of the Trinitarios in Washington Heights and The Bronx. Most of the members rounded up were from Wash Heights and were involved in heavy drug trafficking, centered around 171st through 174th st.

Read the rest yourself. Dominicans just can't shake that drug dealing mentality and bad reputation that they have garnered in the city thanks to gangs like those.

And I will say it again, Washington Heights has the MOST drug trafficking in NYC and is plagued by gangs. ANd I better not hear anyone say "Oh that is just one area of the Heights" ...NO. TAKE IT FROM ME....The TRINITARIOS ARE ALL OVER WASHINGTON HEIGHTS....

the 181st Trinis and the Dyckman Trinis are two other infamous sets in the nabe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,098,448 times
i think calling people "clueless" is a little harsh Mario

i agree though, pretty scary article, but how often do gangs hurt regular people, people not involved in gangs? its something you never really hear of

Old 03-10-2009, 04:50 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,043,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
i think calling people "clueless" is a little harsh Mario

i agree though, pretty scary article, but how often do gangs hurt regular people, people not involved in gangs? its something you never really hear of
It may have been. But im tired of having to repeat myself here because people act like they know more than me, especially about Washington Heights and the Bronx. And that's not being cocky. I see this everyday. I know what goes on in the tough streets of Washington Heights.

And I'm not saying the whole neighborhood is like this. But alot of it is. Remember, just because you dont see it, doesn't mean its not there.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:17 PM

i dont think people know more than you, they just see things from a different perspective

you're right just b/c you dont see it doesnt mean its not there, but most people dont see what you see everyday so its hard to imagine it, and most people, even in WH, are not involved with gangs, and are never affected by a gang

Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM

35 posts, read 164,491 times
I doubt any of yall really got the real drop and what's really going on anyway , just because your " so called man " is deep in there don't mean Mod cut: language

Last edited by Viralmd; 03-10-2009 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBaggO View Post
I doubt any of yall really got the real drop and what's really going on anyway , just because your " so called man " is deep in there don't mean Mod cut: language

this post doesnt make sense, what are you talking about

Old 03-10-2009, 07:11 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,333,090 times
Do they extort money from the locals?

Are they terrorizing the locals?

How many innocent murder victims have been claimed?

Are they just dealing drugs?

Just curious what are dominican gangs are notorious for?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,830,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
And I'm not saying the whole neighborhood is like this. But alot of it is. Remember, just because you dont see it, doesn't mean its not there.
And just because you see it in one area doesn't mean it's in the WHOLE area.

Quote:
"Investigators charge that the Trinitarios controlled drug sales in roughly a four block area of West 171st to West 174th Street in Washington Heights."
That's hardly "a lot of" the neighborhood.

I'd never argue that the Heights and Inwood don't have crime issues, but I just don't think it's as bleak as you paint it.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:20 PM

i think its somewhere in between the way Mario sees it and the way the majority of people on this forum see it

maybe not as bleak as he portrays it, but not a walk in the park either

Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,237,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The group's alleged members and associates -- 35 so far --- were rounded up in early morning raids in Washington Heights and the Bronx. "We are innocent until proven guilty," said one suspect.

They are accused of drug trafficking. Forty-one were indicted after a two year investigation by city and federal officers.

More here (including video) : Large gang bust in Washington Heights - 3/10/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You people here are clueless.

And I always say it. All I hear is "Oh Washington Heights is a nice neighborhood", "Oh gangs aren't a problem in NYC" etc....just because you dont see it, doesn't mean that they're not there. They have dirt on around 41 members of the Trinitarios in Washington Heights and The Bronx. Most of the members rounded up were from Wash Heights and were involved in heavy drug trafficking, centered around 171st through 174th st.

Read the rest yourself. Dominicans just can't shake that drug dealing mentality and bad reputation that they have garnered in the city thanks to gangs like those.

And I will say it again, Washington Heights has the MOST drug trafficking in NYC and is plagued by gangs. ANd I better not hear anyone say "Oh that is just one area of the Heights" ...NO. TAKE IT FROM ME....The TRINITARIOS ARE ALL OVER WASHINGTON HEIGHTS....

the 181st Trinis and the Dyckman Trinis are two other infamous sets in the nabe.
We're all shocked. They busted a Dominican gang in a Dominican neighborhood. How could this happen?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City