Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem Mayor View Post
i stand by what i originally said. you take "brownstone brooklyn" and what is brooklyn? i know he bronx pretty well, i was a field supervisor for teh department for the aging, and i visited at least 2 "patrons" homes everyday in EVERY part of the borough. did the same thing for 2 years in brooklyn. it's funny when peope have only been to the other boroughs twice in their life and want to spew "crime stats" to back up their perceptions.
Yeah I never been to Brooklyn.

Do you have anything else to add?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-04-2009 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Rude & unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 04:16 PM

2 posts, read 12,254 times
I was born and raised in the bronx. and now live in va beach. Virginia is a state where citizens can carry firearms concealed with license and unconcealed without a license. and this state is very safe beacuse the innocent are able to defend for themselves. i mean really how fast can a cop get theri when [mod]stuff[/mod] is happening to you. newyork city would be a much safer place if we can arm our citizens.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 PM

75 posts, read 563,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino1974 View Post
I was born and raised in the bronx. and now live in va beach. Virginia is a state where citizens can carry firearms concealed with license and unconcealed without a license. and this state is very safe beacuse the innocent are able to defend for themselves. i mean really how fast can a cop get theri when Moderator cut: stuff is happening to you. newyork city would be a much safer place if we can arm our citizens.
That's the whole problem, these "citizens" (criminals) are already armed and dangerous. More guns just lead to more crime.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,093,158 times
Lol. Aint nobody going to sit here and tell me brooklyn is any better than the bronx. Thats laugh out loud laughable. This whole gentrification Moderator cut: inappropriate language went to peeps heads. Brooklyn is HOOD period. Theres more projects in BK than anywhere else u do the math. The X might have more homicides one year but i bet brooklyn has been more consistantly dangerous in the last 20 years

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-09-2009 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 05-09-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol. Aint nobody going to sit here and tell me brooklyn is any better than the bronx. Thats laugh out loud laughable. This whole gentrification Moderator cut: inappropriate language went to peeps heads. Brooklyn is HOOD period. Theres more projects in BK than anywhere else u do the math. The X might have more homicides one year but i bet brooklyn has been more consistantly dangerous in the last 20 years
Manhatttan has the most projects. Last time I checked, Brooklyn and the Bronx were basically equal in projects. People underrate the amount of projects in the Bronx. Basically, from 132nd street to 174th street...the Bronx is basically housing projects.

And why do you keep saying Brooklyn is worse? Brooklyn has some of the best neighborhoods in the city. Maybe you should say North Brooklyn is worst cause that's alot of hoods. But even then, Brooklyn hoods are not anymore dangerous than Bronx ones.

We all know Brooklyn got bad places, but as a whole borough it doesn't even come close to the Bronx.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:32 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,093,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
And why do you keep saying Brooklyn is worse? Brooklyn has some of the best neighborhoods in the city. Maybe you should say North Brooklyn is worst cause that's alot of hoods. But even then, Brooklyn hoods are not anymore dangerous than Bronx ones.

We all know Brooklyn got bad places, but as a whole borough it doesn't even come close to the Bronx.
Well maybe people should say south bronx than. The whole northern half of the borough is decent. And theres pockets of good neighborhoods in the southern half aswell. I live in soundview. But in a gated community with a nice park across the street, and with 24/7 security

Old 05-09-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Well maybe people should say south bronx than. The whole northern half of the borough is decent. And theres pockets of good neighborhoods in the southern half aswell. I live in soundview. But in a gated community with a nice park across the street, and with 24/7 security
So what about the terrible west-central Bronx hoods like....Highbridge, Morris Heights, University Heights, Fordham, Tremont, West Farms, East Tremont??

What about the western section of Soundview? Which is in the East Bronx... This past month there were countless shootings and a couple of homicides around Manor and Elder....

Fordham Bedford is north of Fordham and the hoods there are as bad as anything south of Fordham.

And what about White Plains Road in the 200's? Do you know how many shootings occur up there with the Jamaican drug cartels?

To say only the south Bronx is simply not true.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:00 PM

20 posts, read 34,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
So what about the terrible west-central Bronx hoods like....Highbridge, Morris Heights, University Heights, Fordham, Tremont, West Farms, East Tremont??

What about the western section of Soundview? Which is in the East Bronx... This past month there were countless shootings and a couple of homicides around Manor and Elder....

Fordham Bedford is north of Fordham and the hoods there are as bad as anything south of Fordham.

And what about White Plains Road in the 200's? Do you know how many shootings occur up there with the Jamaican drug cartels?

To say only the south Bronx is simply not true.
do you know that parts of park slope are still cruddy, how about beloved prospect heights, do i need to point out the horrible blocks? how about boreum hill, bet you didn't know there are still cruddy blocks with projects on them do you? do i need to point out the cruddiness still in fort greene? stop going by crime stats or "house values" on everything that goes on in a neighborhood. i bet you think 86th street in bensonhurst because it has white pepole is safe, huh?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-09-2009 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 05-09-2009, 08:07 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem Mayor View Post
do you know that parts of park slope are still cruddy, how about beloved prospect heights, do i need to point out the horrible blocks? how about boreum hill, bet you didn't know there are still cruddy blocks with projects on them do you? do i need to point out the cruddiness still in fort greene? stop going by crime stats or "house values" on everything that goes on in a neighborhood. i bet you think 86th street in bensonhurst because it has white pepole is safe, huh?
Since anyone can pick and choose from various blocks in any neighborhood in any borough, I have to ask...

Your point is?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:21 PM

674 posts, read 1,814,099 times
The Bronx is worse and why are you guys happy about who has the more dangerous borough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City