Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 08:04 AM

47 posts, read 140,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkgentlrmen View Post
Seems like the list is moving quite nicely. I went in fit the D/T 9/9 and list number 1570's. haven't seen anyone post here who has went in on that date or 9/11. Hopefully that's a good sign?
Bk I would say you look real good for the Nov class but dont be surprised if you get a call today or mon to come in there may still be some spots in Oct class (because people called in are on put medical hold ect) good luck.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM

FYI to those waiting the eye test is no joke I have good eye sight and I just made it. If I was to do it over again I would have gone to an eye doctor and have my eyes checked before the medical. YOU CAN where glasses or contacts for the test.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,594 times
Default i missed my pre employment interview for transit

due to moving to I never contacted mta for a change of address. I missed my pre employment interview. Am I disqualified or can they put me back on the list? please any input will be greatly appreciated

Old 10-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomasiii View Post
due to moving to I never contacted mta for a change of address. I missed my pre employment interview. Am I disqualified or can they put me back on the list? please any input will be greatly appreciated
Try calling Mrs.Shivers @ (347)643-8218 she is in charge of the train operators list at nyc transit. She can tell you what to do to reinstate your list#

Old 10-21-2013, 11:35 PM

13 posts, read 33,478 times
For you guys who got called. Did they call in the morning, afternoon, night? I have appointments this week and I'd rather receive the call then have to get it from my answering machine. They said they would leave a message during the preinterview though.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 AM

They called me in the afternoon. To get a class of 40 TOs they go up the list 100 to 160 numbers (3 or4 to 1) so far I'm the highest# 1520s for the Oct class that I know about there may be higher but they don't post here or other forums.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:22 PM

13 posts, read 33,478 times
I know mrs shivers number but anyone know the direct number to the MTA employment center at 180 Livingston in Brooklyn?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:24 PM

8 posts, read 20,874 times
they called me around 4:16pm I didnt answer they left a message very clear explaining everything and a phone number to call back if you have any question

Old 10-25-2013, 07:32 PM

23 posts, read 61,058 times
Hey guys, I just received a letter in the mail that was the exact same thing I got over a month and a half ago. I took my D/T on sept 10 and my number is in the 164*. I've been waiting for the call for the medical and now I receive this thing telling me to come down for pre-employement interview like I have never been there before. Obviously I'm calling Ms. Shivers first thing on Monday but has anyone heard of this before? Have they lost all my info which I gave to them at the D/T? Did the send the letter by mistake instead of a phone call? Any info on this would help me greatly. Thanks

Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 AM

5 posts, read 13,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJim View Post
Hey guys, I just received a letter in the mail that was the exact same thing I got over a month and a half ago. I took my D/T on sept 10 and my number is in the 164*. I've been waiting for the call for the medical and now I receive this thing telling me to come down for pre-employement interview like I have never been there before. Obviously I'm calling Ms. Shivers first thing on Monday but has anyone heard of this before? Have they lost all my info which I gave to them at the D/T? Did the send the letter by mistake instead of a phone call? Any info on this would help me greatly. Thanks
I have just received the same letter and will be calling on Monday. This has to be a mistake since the D/T should be good until early December. List #17XX. and they already have my accepted my pre-application. Anybody else receive this letter again? I do not believe that this is for the Final Medical since they specifically said my next contact will be a phone call from them with my medical appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City