Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:05 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,290,583 times

Advertisements

The Bronx is the capital of Puerto Rico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,516 times
And theres a BIG difference between the Puerto Ricans that are born in raise in The US, the ones thats comes from the Islands , they keep the original culture and never shame about my country!!! In reality , and this happened to me a long time ago , when I arrived at the states I thought we was welcome as well and the reaction was totally different . Puerto Ricans expect to be motivated to make it to this country expecting success, plus with don't believe on racism. In our bloods runs white, black and Indian race as we tread everybody the sameway!! That's why I get some angry when is see racism and discrimination all over this country. Americans forget how special they are for us in our country .Sad But True.. But he we are and we will stand for our rights, I will earn our respect, and we are here to success . Yo soy boricua para que lo sepas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
And theres a BIG difference between the Puerto Ricans that are born in raise in The US, the ones thats comes from the Islands , they keep the original culture and never shame about my country!!! In reality , and this happened to me a long time ago , when I arrived at the states I thought we was welcome as well and the reaction was totally different . Puerto Ricans expect to be motivated to make it to this country expecting success, plus with don't believe on racism. In our bloods runs white, black and Indian race as we tread everybody the sameway!! That's why I get some angry when is see racism and discrimination all over this country. Americans forget how special they are for us in our country .Sad But True.. But he we are and we will stand for our rights, I will earn our respect, and we are here to success . Yo soy boricua para que lo sepas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting that Puerto Ricans dont believe in racism. Thats not what Ive heard in regards to their treatment of Dominicans in Puerto Rico.

Btw I have good productive Nuyorican friends and associates and I have also met Puerto Ricans from Puerto Rico who are trashy nasty unproductive people so be careful when you generalize like this.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Lets keep this thread positive please. NYur81 take the high road and ignore the above comment. The epicenter of PR culture in the US is changing, and (another) diaspora is occurring, with the population leaving the city in droves and relocating to Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, and a smattering in NC and Georgia.

However the epicenter is being focused on Florida, Central Florida in particular, with those from NYC and Puerto Rico making it the choice destination, and a massive population explosion which has become one of the economic drivers for the region. If I were this agent, I would be setting my sights on Central Florida, as that is where the future and growth is for the PR population, as well as those most educated, and highest disposable incomes.

Over the next decade, it will be interesting to see the political infighting between the established (politically and economically) Cuban ( typically Republican) population in South Florida, with the increasing economic and political influence of the Puerto Rican (typically Democratic) population. Although PRs have been in Florida as long as Cubans, and have been influential in South Florida's political scene for decades (Miami's Mayor throughout the 80s was Puerto Rican, among other politicians/businessmen), I wonder if these 2 brother countries will grow closer, or further apart. Should be interesting!

Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM

I don't like fact when people makes statements especially of m country.to the actions of United States for the past few years , has created a unsecured trust from PR to become official state of US. Whitch will never happen, . The laws and the way that things runs around here it can't be submitted at PR. And yes we come here like I said to a better lifestyle,. The only problem that PR has is the GOVERMENT that can't get the enough funds and salarys as the us, and it's become a decrease on how ther live, plus Puerto Rico is dealing with the biggest era of asassinations in history, drug and crimes. Kids 14 years of age running with AK-15 shooting on everybodys face. The truth, is very hard to live at PR. I recently came from there as I'm born an raise Ponce. I love my country as well , and if things keep going overthere real hard believe that the majority of Puerto Ricans will be spread all over the US. And hope not that all that violent comes over here!!

Old 09-13-2011, 11:02 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Ok thanks for your comment HotBlue.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 PM

202 posts, read 686,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
I don't like fact when people makes statements especially of m country.to the actions of United States for the past few years , has created a unsecured trust from PR to become official state of US. Whitch will never happen, . The laws and the way that things runs around here it can't be submitted at PR. And yes we come here like I said to a better lifestyle,. The only problem that PR has is the GOVERMENT that can't get the enough funds and salarys as the us, and it's become a decrease on how ther live, plus Puerto Rico is dealing with the biggest era of asassinations in history, drug and crimes. Kids 14 years of age running with AK-15 shooting on everybodys face. The truth, is very hard to live at PR. I recently came from there as I'm born an raise Ponce. I love my country as well , and if things keep going overthere real hard believe that the majority of Puerto Ricans will be spread all over the US. And hope not that all that violent comes over here!!
Oh yeah,crime in Puerto Rico is getting bad. The murder rate of the ENTIRE island is around 22 per 100,000. In San Juan(~50 per 100k),the murder rate is worse than U.S. cities such as Detroit,Baltimore,Washington.

In an island of around 3,800,000; they have easily 900-1000 murders a year. Compare that to NYC with more than twice the population,and only around 500 homicides a year. In most U.S. cities the crime declines year after year.
It's quite the opposite in PR. The body count continues to rise every year.

It's funny how you never hear of crime in Puerto Rico.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:57 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
I though PR was getting better? A lot of my friends go there when they take vacations and they all loved it there.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I though PR was getting better? A lot of my friends go there when they take vacations and they all loved it there.
The vacation experience is very different from the day to day problems in the "barrios".

Old 09-15-2011, 07:11 AM

Yeup!! Be blessesd that you was not at the wrong place at the wrong time..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City