Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:54 PM

5 posts, read 25,352 times

Advertisements

Hey, what's up. I'm PR (Puerto Rican) and thinking about moving to New York City to become a real estate agent & becuase here in Northern California (Bay Area) there's hardly any PR's. I was wondering, where are the communities in New York considered as "PR" communities and does New York City have any Puerto Rican Markets?

Thanks

- Juan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 AM

246 posts, read 1,247,823 times
SuperCrazy,

You can move to Brooklyn, Queens, Lower East Side in NYC or the Bronx..these boroughs have the highest concentration of Puerto Rican communities, markets, etc. I am alos of PR descent and lived in Brooklyn, NY pretty much all my life until we moved to Vegas in 2001. There's also the PR Day Parade in NYC and the Festivals leading up to the parade day which are on 116th Street. For awesome PR food go to La Taza de Oro Restaurant in NYC (just like mom's cooking). Good Luck with your move....btw, NYC is a bit more expensive than the Bay Area though and the apartments are tiny.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:33 PM

954 posts, read 4,376,599 times
Sunset Park in Brooklyn is a vibrant Puerto Rican Neighborhood as well as El Barrio (Spanish Harlem).
Its going to feel like home when you get here.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:26 PM

5 posts, read 25,352 times
That was pretty fast replies, I wasn't expecting that!

Thank you ;]

- Juan

Old 07-16-2006, 04:46 PM

7 posts, read 80,787 times
Default Real Estate

My Bro inlaw is PR and a real estate Agent in the Bronx....Forget it Bro!!!There are a Zillion Agents around here.....Being PR is not going to help you. This place will eat you up Trust me man!!!I'm a native NewYorker.....Yes!!!! There is a large Latino population........I would try another area with a growing Latino Population.....But not NYC

Old 07-17-2006, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 14,426 times
looking for growing Latino population and real estate market? check out Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It ain't the Bay and it ain't NY but it's close to Chicago if you land here and find you don't like it. good luck

Old 09-10-2011, 07:17 PM

449 posts, read 877,272 times
Probably, you would be better of in Staten Island, New York, (one of the boroughs of NYC,) but most of them are NeoRicans, (PR born in NY) and they speak mostly English. There are no specific "Puerto Rican Neighborhoods per se" there.

Perth Amboy, NJ, New Brunswick, NJ, and Plainfield, NJ, are very much PR neighborhoods, so are Jersey City, and parts of Patterson, NJ. Jobs are scarce in NY and NJ, and real estate is dead...........

Old 09-10-2011, 07:23 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Damn guys, 2006? Really now?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:29 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
This thread is a City Data throwback classic. I was not apart of CD yet but it's great to see a classic thread.

REMIX...REMIX..REMIX

Old 09-10-2011, 09:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
The nyc puerto rican population is on the decline my friend, many old time ricans are eithir retiring to fl or lay dead 6 feet under. Many ricans are moving to greener pastures and many young ricans are leaving nyc for oppurtunities else where. You should try the common wealth of pr or try fl, parts of nj, pa and nc for puerto ricans. Sorry to break it to you but as a potential nyc transplant you probably have more in common with waspy outsiders then native neoricans buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City