Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 06:46 AM

9 posts, read 27,698 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I'm new here and planning a road trip from the UK to the States & Canada later this year - could do with few insiders tips (MUST SEE/ EAT & DRINK) if possible in following places :

NYC
Lake Placid
Corning
Syracuse

would be particulalry grateful for any recommendations re eating & drinking places (I went to Florence last fall and ate in a really poor Italian restaurant first night which kinda spoiled it a bit for me)

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 07:19 AM

8 posts, read 26,749 times
Well as far as Lake Placid, I recommend you visit Lake Placid Pub. For dinner I would recommend the Adirondak Steak and Seafood (good micro brews). As far as must see--> trip to the top of Whiteface Mt. See Lake Placid: Home Peace

Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 AM

82 posts, read 109,948 times
I would suggest the Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid for either dinner or drinks. You can stay there as well, however it is pricey......The Whiteface Lodge Resort and Spa – Lake Placid New York

You might also want to visit the Mirror Lake Inn, also for dinner or lodging. They also have a neat place called the "Cottage" which serves lunch and dinner. It is situated right on the lake.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer View Post
I would suggest the Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid for either dinner or drinks. You can stay there as well, however it is pricey......The Whiteface Lodge Resort and Spa – Lake Placid New York

You might also want to visit the Mirror Lake Inn, also for dinner or lodging. They also have a neat place called the "Cottage" which serves lunch and dinner. It is situated right on the lake.

Oh guys !! thank you soooo much for that !!! Much appreciated indeed !

PS: 88 days til my trip and counting !! I cannot wait !!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 05:38 AM

106 posts, read 371,379 times
Default BBQ in Syracuse

Here's a suggestion for Syracuse: Dinosaur Barbeque. This place is as genuine as BBQ gets in New York - people travel for hours to tuck into a plate of ribs. Great live music, fun, casual & not too expensive. Don't be put off by the staff - they can be a little abrupt, it's part of the charm! The restaurant is on Willow Street in Syracuse, and I think they have a web site.

Enjoy your trip to New York State.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCrow View Post
Here's a suggestion for Syracuse: Dinosaur Barbeque. This place is as genuine as BBQ gets in New York - people travel for hours to tuck into a plate of ribs. Great live music, fun, casual & not too expensive. Don't be put off by the staff - they can be a little abrupt, it's part of the charm! The restaurant is on Willow Street in Syracuse, and I think they have a web site.

Enjoy your trip to New York State.

thank you so much dude ! me & hubby love our meat so this sounds really really cool ! this trip is really special to us and I want it to be as genuine as poss - already meeting a couple of friends from myspace in NYC who have promissed to take us out to some cool local places. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is thank you so much for your help - much appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York