Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 12:04 PM

458 posts, read 656,896 times

Advertisements

I had to check out Newburgh with everyone commenting on how dangerous it was. Fascinating.

I found this great story Can FBI Agent James Gagliano Make Newburgh Safe? -- New York Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 AM

9 posts, read 12,279 times
Like any other cities, there are good and bad areas. It's dangerous for people who are stupid and walk around late at night or put themselves in dangerous situations. Just think with your head, and don't walk or drive into any areas that feel unsafe.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:53 PM

402 posts, read 811,782 times
If your talking a city in general it has to be Newburgh, and its not even close... But Newburgh has 30K people.. and I am not familiar with much area's North of Poughkeepsie. So I cannot say it contains the worst AREA/Neighborhood in the state... However, the neighborhoods east of 9w is the worst place i have ever seen in my life, and it is far worse than anything in new york city...

Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 PM

49 posts, read 188,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
If your talking a city in general it has to be Newburgh, and its not even close... But Newburgh has 30K people.. and I am not familiar with much area's North of Poughkeepsie. So I cannot say it contains the worst AREA/Neighborhood in the state... However, the neighborhoods east of 9w is the worst place i have ever seen in my life, and it is far worse than anything in new york city...
Exactly, its a sad state of affairs in many places. The funny/ironic thing is that the small hamlet of Kiryas Joel actually ranks as the poorest of all places in the U.S per capita!!! The Poorest Town In America Is Closer, And More Jewish, Than You Think: Gothamist

Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,629 times
Better listen to this warning dont play in Newburgh you'll get murdered or put on life support. A lot of cats went out there and came home in a box including brothers from all them places u think is wild .Everywhere u go u see memorials on the sidewalks. Stay out of N.B.N.Y.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:07 PM

530 posts, read 1,360,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citiesareme27 View Post
Buffalo is one of the most dangerous cities i have ever been to i will never walk in buffalo im to sceard of getting killed robbed rapped its so bad i wont walk there in broad day light. mostly the east side its needs to make a change its horrible ive been to almost all the cities in ny buffalo is the worst
Buffalo definitely has huge areas of INTENSE poverty and decay but strangely enough, i've never actually felt unsafe in them. Eastside Buffalo always has a serenity and close-knitness to it and there are lots of families...idk, it's unique. I've only been there in the daylight. Maybe the crime statistics may prove me wrong but this is just a personal account..

However, i've been to the South Bronx, Harlem, Newark and a couple other rough places; and i've genuinely felt endangered in them. yikes..

Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,345 times
Default Rochester reminds me of Jamaica queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndicottNY View Post
I guess your friends have been slacking considering that neighborhood has one of the highest sex offender per capita rates in New York.
I'm gonna just say it loud and clear Rochester is a replica of NYC.. Always has been. Do your research... The whole city was designed by people who left NYC

Old 06-18-2014, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,345 times
Default buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
Buffalo definitely has huge areas of INTENSE poverty and decay but strangely enough, i've never actually felt unsafe in them. Eastside Buffalo always has a serenity and close-knitness to it and there are lots of families...idk, it's unique. I've only been there in the daylight. Maybe the crime statistics may prove me wrong but this is just a personal account..

However, i've been to the South Bronx, Harlem, Newark and a couple other rough places; and i've genuinely felt endangered in them. yikes..
Buffalo can be dangerous.. And the killing is a definite factor... But I still think that Rochester thugs are more violent... Buffalo people have more love and respect..

Old 06-18-2014, 08:49 AM

93,375 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyNex585 View Post
I'm gonna just say it loud and clear Rochester is a replica of NYC.. Always has been. Do your research... The whole city was designed by people who left NYC
No.....The Crescent is bad, but there are a range of neighborhoods within the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York