Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 06:35 PM

15,619 posts, read 15,759,161 times

Advertisements

Nice interview.

Andrew Cuomo Takes Charge
The governor of New York found himself at the center of a deadly crisis. His response has helped guide the nation

"These are all uncharted waters. So you use your experience, you use your knowledge, you use your instincts, and you feel your way through the situation. Nobody can give you a chart. They can’t tell you the depths of the water. They can’t tell you where the rocks are. But if you’ve navigated for years, you develop an instinct that helps. But also keep it simple. Tell the truth. Give people facts. Explain what you’re doing, why you’re doing it. I don’t go out to impart confidence. You can appear confident, but you’re not going to fool New Yorkers, right? They’re going to hear what you’re saying and watch what you’re doing."
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...avirus-982087/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 07:25 PM

20,278 posts, read 21,037,949 times
Scumbag.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:12 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,416,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Scumbag.
I found Cuomo's coronavirus response to be one of the best in the country. Better than the federal response for sure (though that's not saying much).

He hasn't done much else that is good for the state or the country, but credit where credit is due- he was great with coronavirus. Except for the nursing home problem, but nobody is perfect.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:07 PM

He's scum. He's a great actor.
He's even better at denial and shifting blame.
His corona response was terrible. He murdered all the old people and then closed down bars while allowing protests and riots.
And he used the oldest cover up trick in the books, blame the feds. He is total scum.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:33 PM

615 posts, read 451,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
Except for the nursing home problem, but nobody is perfect.
"Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theater?"

Old 08-03-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
He's scum. He's a great actor.
He's even better at denial and shifting blame.
His corona response was terrible. He murdered all the old people and then closed down bars while allowing protests and riots.
And he used the oldest cover up trick in the books, blame the feds. He is total scum.
For the record, he was against the protests from a coronavirus perspective. He was one of the only blue-state leaders that I saw during the whole mess to say "if you protest, you need to self-quarantine". Short of using the military to physically stop them, treating them as infected is about the best he could do.

DeBlasio was the dummy on the protest stuff.

I vote republican and will again because I care more about other topics than this one, but I do blame the feds for our awful coronavirus response. It shouldn't be up to 50 state governors to figure out how to stop the spread of a global pandemic; we needed a united response but instead got the total opposite. The feds were actually fanning the flames by spreading false information ("don't wear masks!!" "the virus doesn't spread on surfaces!!" "the virus DOES spread on surfaces!!!" "don't stop flying on planes!!" are just some of the juicy tidbits)

Are you suggesting that he should not have closed down bars?

Old 08-03-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn traveller View Post
"Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theater?"
It sounds like I disagree with you on the topic at hand, but that's a good joke

Old 08-03-2020, 02:22 PM

615 posts, read 451,891 times
^^ Naw, we don't disagree. I'm fairly apolitical. But I love that joke!

Old 08-03-2020, 02:54 PM

Cuomo is my version of Trump.
He could cure cancer and I'd still call him a scumbag. He has done, and continues to do, far more harm than good. He needs to go away. From NY, from politics in general. He is a dangerous man.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:30 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,399,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
I found Cuomo's coronavirus response to be one of the best in the country. Better than the federal response for sure (though that's not saying much).

He hasn't done much else that is good for the state or the country, but credit where credit is due- he was great with coronavirus. Except for the nursing home problem, but nobody is perfect .
LOL kinda hard to sweep 6200 nursing home lives under the carpet eh? Wow he was like a double 9/11 with one stroke of his pen. You sure his response was one of the best in the country??? What a D-bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: