Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 10:43 AM

93,401 posts, read 124,052,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
So what is your definition of a problem building, or problem tenant specifically?
It has already been explained in the thread an is one where you may get more calls than usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 06:20 AM

5,709 posts, read 4,100,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It has already been explained in the thread an is one where you may get more calls than usual.

Yes, and it was ME who said that. Just trying to understand YOUR definition a problem tenant. There must be a reason behind these calls or you get fined

Old 11-11-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Yes, and it was ME who said that. Just trying to understand YOUR definition a problem tenant. There must be a reason behind these calls or you get fined
What is the point here? My point in that post was simple and said that it may be a building or two within a complex. Meaning, that the whole complex may be fine outside of a building or two. I'm basing this off of experiences I know with similar apartment complexes.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
What is the point here? My point in that post was simple and said that it may be a building or two within a complex. Meaning, that the whole complex may be fine outside of a building or two. I'm basing this off of experiences I know with similar apartment complexes.
"With said places, what you may find is that in an apartment complex of say 10-12 buildings, you'll have 1 or 2 that are problem buildings, but the rest of the complex is generally quiet/fine. I'm saying that from knowing people that have lived in similar types of apartment complexes." -CHTK

As a landlord with real life and business experience with this stuff, The figures you state are unaceptable. if you have 1 bad tenant in a building, all your good tenants will leave.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
"With said places, what you may find is that in an apartment complex of say 10-12 buildings, you'll have 1 or 2 that are problem buildings, but the rest of the complex is generally quiet/fine. I'm saying that from knowing people that have lived in similar types of apartment complexes." -CHTK

As a landlord with real life and business experience with this stuff, The figures you state are unaceptable. if you have 1 bad tenant in a building, all your good tenants will leave.
Maybe in that building, but not necessarily the whole complex. I know what I said and stand by it.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:18 AM

5,828 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Most people who own their own home are pretty RED. Which is why Nassau and Suffolk where all red as seen by votes.

City is blue due to renters. That should explain what we are dealing with. They keep falling for Democratic bullcrap. Too stupid and brain swashed.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:42 AM

6,464 posts, read 3,154,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Most people who own their own home are pretty RED. Which is why Nassau and Suffolk where all red as seen by votes.

City is blue due to renters. That should explain what we are dealing with. They keep falling for Democratic bullcrap. Too stupid and brain swashed.
Maybe not the most polished way of expressing it, but it pretty well sums it up.....

Old 11-11-2020, 10:09 AM

Some interesting infomration about homeownershipe and political affiliation: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301165474.html

https://www.attomdata.com/wp-content...aphic-2020.jpg

It appears that people that rent are less likely to vote. https://www.amny.com/real-estate/rep...ratic-primary/

Old 11-11-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Maybe in that building, but not necessarily the whole complex. I know what I said and stand by it.

You have a right to think that way, and the people in these complexes may be complacent, but I guarantee to you the entire complex has a reputation in the eyes of town officials and most town residents. Private management always is more efficient than government run entities.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
You have a right to think that way, and the people in these complexes may be complacent, but I guarantee to you the entire complex has a reputation in the eyes of town officials and most town residents. Private management always is more efficient than government run entities.
A lot of said buildings are usually privately run though. That’s the thing, as many are mixed income complexes that may have a percentage of lower income residents, but not entirely so. That’s why I call them “pseudo” lower income housing, as not all of the people are so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York