Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 06:24 PM

5 posts, read 14,738 times

Advertisements

I know there has to be someone in the western half of the state that can help a native New Yorker. I have been away for ten years. I currently live in the state of VA. A member of my family is ill and I am trying to get back to lend them any support that I can. I have been trying for the past several months to find a place to live, it has been a real challenge trying to do this long distance. I need to find a place to rent with a month to month or flexible lease plan that is cat friendly. I have studied every site I can come across including craigslist but I'm really having a problem because of the lease. Almost everyone insists on a one years lease. I need to have a place secured before I move there but I am not in a financial position to make the trip back and forth. I need to find someone who is willing to give me a flexible lease so I have somewhere to stay while I look for a long term place that is more suitable. I know with all the people that read this site there has to be someone who knows someone who needs a good tenant. I am a mature, professional female with two cats. I am a quiet, nonsmoking, respectable, responsible tenant. I am even willing to pay an extra months rent on top of the normal one month and deposit. I am looking for any where in western NY from Buffalo to Rochester as far as Ithaca going east or any place in between. I need a safe place for my furry children and I to live for awhile.

Is there any one out there who is reading this that is currently looking for or knows someone who is looking for a good tenant that is willing to offer a flexible lease? I know there has to be someone out there who can help me. Please NY, help me if you can! I really need to get home plus I really need to be with my family again for their sake and my own. Unfortunately, my family have dogs and with my two cats who are terrified of dogs, well...

Please think of any one who you can think of that may mutually benefit from a good tenant for awhile, safety is number one priority. Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 07:44 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,276,971 times
I would contact some of the better college's newspapers and place an ad. It's nearly time for students to leave for the semester and maybe you could sublet for the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York