Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:20 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,825,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
No problem.....If you click on the name/handle, you can view information.

Also, if you click on a featured thread at the bottom of the page of another thread, you can see if the thread is being currently/actively viewed. In a way, many people could just click on these threads for information or just add to them, as they may still get viewed long after the last post. That is how I've revived older threads, as there are people viewing them years after the last post.

I saw that in another thread, the OP of this thread was still looking and that post was less than a month ago. So, I kind of put 2 and 2 together.

I will say that another County that the OP could look into for similar reasons to Lewis County is Essex County. Perhaps areas to the far NE(AuSable Valley area/SD) or to the SE(Ticonderoga area/SD) may fit, as they allow for relatively quick access to either Plattsburgh or Glens Falls, respectively.
Thanks for the info and I was wondering about that. Good to know if people are still viewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 11:52 AM

93,375 posts, read 124,009,048 times
This may help in terms of bus driver jobs: https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=bus+...ome%2Cwhatauto

In terms of school districts, this may help: https://www.pnwboces.org/TeacherAppl...n/Default.aspx

Old 05-14-2017, 05:21 AM

119 posts, read 207,652 times
ckhthankgod,thank you for your interest and help.VintageSunlight,yes,I'm still here.As I posted in another thread,the only thing that would allow a move at this stage in my life is a winning lottery ticket.I still read CD forums,still hope,still dream.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE COLLAR View Post
ckhthankgod,thank you for your interest and help.VintageSunlight,yes,I'm still here.As I posted in another thread,the only thing that would allow a move at this stage in my life is a winning lottery ticket.I still read CD forums,still hope,still dream.
Just curious, but is it more a matter of finding the right employment or is it other aspects that come into play?

Old 05-15-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Since this is still being viewed by the OP and given the criteria, another part of the North Country that may work is Lewis County. It is more rural, but property taxes are some of the lowest in the state to where they are on par with counties in lower taxes states. I'd say to look in the portion of the county in the Carthage SD not too far from Watertown(has a Gander Mountain at Salmon Run Mall), Lowville and perhaps in the Leyden area with the latter being relatively close enough to employment in the Utica-Rome area. For instance, there is a Bass Pro in the Riverside Center in North Utica, which is closer to Lewis County.

You aren't far from the Adirondacks, the 1000 Islands and Lake Ontario as well. Perhaps the misses can check school districts for openings.
Just thinking of you did consider Lewis County, the Kraft Foods and AMF have facilities in the county that may be worth a look as well.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:45 PM

119 posts, read 207,652 times
ckhthankgod,I'm sorry for my delayed response,it's mostly about finances and age.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE COLLAR View Post
ckhthankgod,I'm sorry for my delayed response,it's mostly about finances and age.
No problem and both aspects are huge in determining whether to move or not.

It may also be tough to fit the right community in terms of distance and proximity, while having enough amenities in the immediate area.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:44 AM

937 posts, read 699,966 times
Have you considered a actual city, one that is walkable, has buses & bike routes??

City's tourism campaign ditches Falls focus for Buffalove

Old 05-24-2017, 10:02 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
To the OP:

Anywhere you can find a good paying job.

That should narrow down your choices considerably.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:55 AM

10 posts, read 14,523 times
If you like Central NYS you might want to explore Cazenovia, Hamilton, Oneida and Norwich. All are charming towns that offer a good quality and affordable lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York