Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times

Advertisements

I decided to sell my black jeep,
My moms neighbor wanted to buy it, he had the money up front.
But my brother told me our older brother wanted to buy it.
He was going to pay me when he got his taxes. So being family I said I will sell it to the my brother.
My brother didnt get the amount back on his taxes like he said he would.
So I told him I was willing to work with him on payments,
Here is my dilemna, he hasnt contacted me on payments, made no effort to talk to me about the jeep.
So I told my mom I was going out there to kansas in 2 weeks to get my jeep. My mom said oh your brother is having the jeep fixed and he is going to charge you. I told her Im not paying for anything he had done to the jeep. We had an agreement and he didnt contact me about the jeep. I was willing to work with him but he hasnt made one payment. Im bringing a trailer to hook to the back of my jeep and taking that one back.
Business is business and Im not going to give it away for free, I worked hard to buy that jeep so I wont give it away.
Its not my job to contact my brother, he needs to contact me.
Deal is a deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 03:49 PM

513 posts, read 897,268 times
i would call him and tell him that if he cannot commit to paying X by a certain day, and then X monthly, then you will be there in 2 weeks to get it because someone else has cash in hand for it. even if your neighbor does not still want it, you can easily sell a jeep this time of year.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
What's the story with the Jeep's title? Do you still have it or does he? And what about the license plates on the car? Are they in your name or his?

And it sounds like your family (your other brother and your mom) is more on his side than yours. Why is that? Is he a charity case that needs your help?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Your brother seems a lot like my sister, wants family members to help them out and give them things but then tries to screw them over or is just plain irresponsible.

Good for you going and getting the jeep back. You made the effort to do him a favor because he's family and he burned you on it. You no longer owe him any "benefit of the doubt" at this point.

My parents also try to tell me as the older sibling that I should let it slide or "work it out". They say that because the don't like to see their kids fighting, but just ignore it if you mom says anything and go get it back. It's yours, sell it to your neighbor if he's still willing to buy it.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What's the story with the Jeep's title? Do you still have it or does he? And what about the license plates on the car? Are they in your name or his?

And it sounds like your family (your other brother and your mom) is more on his side than yours. Why is that? Is he a charity case that needs your help?

No the jeep is in my name. He was supposed to contact me 2 weeks ago. Still hasnt.
Yes my mom is on his side, my brothers take care of my mom, no he can afford payments.
Charity is not happening here.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
If the car is at a garage you will have to pay them to get it back, otherwise if they worked on it its theft.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Why is the jeep getting fixed? Did your brother do something to it?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:15 PM

164 posts, read 211,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
No the jeep is in my name. He was supposed to contact me 2 weeks ago. Still hasnt.
Yes my mom is on his side, my brothers take care of my mom, no he can afford payments.
Charity is not happening here.
You should go and get the jeep back. Some brother you got...

Old 02-16-2011, 10:30 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
never mix fam and business, should have sold it to the neighbour

Old 02-16-2011, 10:53 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
If the car is at a garage you will have to pay them to get it back, otherwise if they worked on it its theft.
Sorry, not true.

In a garage repair only the owner can authorize repairs. If the brother took it in, the owner is not liable. All the OP needs to do is bring in the police and take the Jeep. The garage can sue the brother for compensation.

My friend owned a garage till his recent death.

I have a feeling the brother is going to do the do it your self repair. It is the guy thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships