Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:54 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,833 times

Advertisements

I just got back from the grocery store and I ran into someone I used to work with years ago, about 2 weeks ago I got an email from someone I went to Elementary School with through a post I made concerning a classmate that died in a car crash. I consider my self so fortunate to have so many friends. The one I just ran into at the grocery store is comming by on Wednesday for a visit. Shes such a nice lady. Even though I know no one I know will read this....... Thanks you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 03:18 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
I just got an e-mail from a guy that I haven't seen in 35 years! It's cool when that happens.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:08 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,257 times
I will run into people from time-to-time that I havnt seen in ages. While most of the time, the people I might see usually remember my name, I almost never can remember their name. Ive even ran across people, had a conversation with them, then spent half a day trying to remember where I know them from, and what is their name. It makes me feel guilty somehow, but I have never in all my life had all that great a memory. Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
I think thats so cool. Class reunions too, bring us very good memories. I went to one about 3 years ago and though most of the people have changed and aged, its amazing the direction some of them chose in life after graduation. One guy, who was the guitarist in my first 'band' is now a doctor. A lady I knew now has 4 kids and 16 grandkids (yikes!!). One girl who I always admired despite she was just a plain jane type of girl is now a wild rock n roller (like me!!) and yet another, who I used to be scared of because she was too wild and crazy back then, is now married to a trucker and a stay-at-home mommy. There are a few friends that we still keep in touch, and former band members when I lived in Calif still keep in touch, we exchange ideas and stories. <sigh>
Sometimes makes a person miss the good ol' days, eh?

Old 08-27-2007, 07:39 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
I will run into people from time-to-time that I havnt seen in ages. While most of the time, the people I might see usually remember my name, I almost never can remember their name. Ive even ran across people, had a conversation with them, then spent half a day trying to remember where I know them from, and what is their name. It makes me feel guilty somehow, but I have never in all my life had all that great a memory. Does anyone else have this problem?
my memory stinks!! i can have a twenty minutes conversation with someone and three days or a week later see that person and THEN remember our previous conversation!!! and not all of it just bits and pieces!!! what is that all about??

Old 08-28-2007, 03:34 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I seem to run into people from high school by....telephone. Working in a drs office, and calling others drs offices and hearing familiar voices on the other end of the line. Also talked to someone I hadn't talked to in a couple of months on Sunday..it was the best.... It was better than a hot fudge Sundae!

Old 08-28-2007, 06:57 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
A couple of years ago, I logged on to classmates.com and got in touch with a few people and a couple of us still continue to stay in touch through email.
Glad you all found this a positive experience also.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:17 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
My high school has a very active alumni website. Each class has a page and we can sign up and post a profile that includes a link to e mail one another.

I've re-established friendships from 20+ years ago and have even formed some new friendships with classmates that I really didn't know. I live 1000 miles away from where I grew up and several classmates live in the same area as I do- pretty cool.

For a long time I was out of contact with all of them- but with age comes a bit of nostalgia and it's lots fo fun.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
I tend to run into people I grew up with a lot. I went to school in both so dakota and virginia and still have connections in both places and a lot of the people tend to stay in the areas. No doubt when I go back to either one, I will run into more than one person I recognize.

Other that those people, I think I'd be in shock to run into someone from my past since most of them live outside the country.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 PM

915 posts, read 3,180,454 times
I still in touch with some folks from HS and college...I am kinda fell out the loop last 7 years and i started reconnect with them again...weird and joy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships