Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 12:23 PM

19,758 posts, read 20,322,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon17 View Post
She seems to only be okay with me disagreeing with her if it isn't on things she is passionate about (which from what I know is just illegal immigration of all things at this point).

I think she was offended since you said she has family here illegally.
(Maybe she is too, and you just don't even know it. ) That's her crusade. You're OK to have your own opinions, but in this case, she took things personally, because it is personal to her. Best to let that one be...

(I mean, unless you are one of those hell-bent Americans upset over illegal immigration....just let it go.
Find something better to be passionate about. lol )

-As for the friend of the friend, hells to the no, I would not be letting either of them crash at my house after all this drama. Gonna be cat-fight central.

Last edited by D217; 12-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: dyslexic typo lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 12:47 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,599,712 times
I was going to offer my opinion.... until I read your second post.

Everything you said in post 1 was defended in post 2.

Good Luck.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,286,519 times
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...nesnark/DL.jpg

Seriously. She needs to realize that the whole world doesn't have to agree with her.

You need to summon the self-respect to get rid of her, not only because of her churlish and childish attitude toward discussion, but because she badmouths you to her other friends and then has the audacity to tell you their nasty responses to her portrayal of you.

Who does any of this? People who are 15 and want attention. All of you need to grow up.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:56 PM

52,367 posts, read 52,836,239 times
I personally wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I'd just sorta "phase out" the friendship.

Just become a little more busier to do things with her. IDK, maybe that would be sorta chickenish, but for me, it wouldn't be worth all of the aggravation.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:23 PM

19,758 posts, read 20,322,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

she badmouths you to her other friends and then has the audacity to tell you their nasty responses to her portrayal of you.

Who does any of this? People who are 15 and want attention. All of you need to grow up.
I tried to rep you.

This is one thing I cannot stand about people: their desire to run their mouths constantly...

Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM

18,234 posts, read 15,776,780 times
Vicki is causing drama and angst, picks fights, and doesn't sound like a very good friend. I would walk away from that friendship rather than get involved in yet another of mini-dramas. Life is too short to put up with that.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:04 PM

217 posts, read 431,975 times
Thanks for the tips. I will phase out the relationship. I actually feel bad about this one because as ridiculous as I felt she was, she actually is a friend that has always been there when I needed her and has always given me good advice (better than everyone else that I know).

We have been playing by ear her visiting but at this point, I will come up with something to say just not sure what.

Vicki is a drama queen and has admitted this many, many times. I really don't mind drama queens until it starts to feel like I'm being picked on.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:03 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,116,011 times
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, and also entitled to say what their opinion is. If your friend can't handle your opinion, then maybe it is time to find another friend. I have found that the better you know someone the more likely it is you will see things in that person you may not like. I have a friend who has always worked at a union job, so he loves the idea of anything to do with a union. I have owned my own company for 31 years, and the union is the last thing I would want involved with my business. The union has forced me to raise my own wages on certain jobs, making it harder to compete with out of town businesses. I do not like unions or anything they stand for. Mt friend who is the union lover is one of the cheapest cheap skates I've ever been around, no tips to waitresses, etc. I hate that about him. Enough of these things and it will ruin our friendship. Usually I overlook differences of opinion, but sometimes you can't. BTW, I'm against illegal immigration. If they want to live here, they need to follow the laws and do it legally.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:13 PM

217 posts, read 431,975 times
I hear you Nito. I actually am a HUGE union supporter (my father's family actually helped start one of the first unions in New York due to crap conditions sorry to say this to you LOL), but I understand and can respect people that don't.

I just was disappointed in that she feels I'm wrong to share an opinion unless it is the same as hers. You never know who would stop being friends with you have a conversation like this so I would rather just avoid them LOL.

I actually didn't realize until a few days ago that my friends LOVES Sarah Palin (I'm not kidding...) and she actually ADMIRES that she enjoys killing wolves. My friend stated that she would like to hunt for food (which is one thing), AND sport. I completely was disgusted by this but changed the conversation to avoid having a debate with her since I know how she is....

Old 12-26-2011, 03:30 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,588,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I just woke up, I am bored to jog for it's so cold out and am still sleepy. I put myself through the pain of reading this. Wide awake now

I'm a people person. My acquaintances love having me around becoz to every one of them I seem like I am on their side. But underneath, I'm a radical, and a sort of maverick, with unique notions and world views.

I will disagree with you on illegal immigration. If not for amigos, this country would have come down to her knees already, small businesses will be filing for bankruptcy at reckless pace and the best way to destroy an economy is to destroy its middle tier business entities.

These people work in rain, snow, sleet, will even work on a bed of thorns without shoes, they are fighters.... and I appreciate them for it. And I appreciate them for keeping business owners over water.

Also becoz I have a crush on the senorita who makes me egg sandwich every am Just kidding. She customizes it for me and touches me affectionately when delivering it to me.
You completely missed the point, next time take the jog first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships