Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:46 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Yes, there is. Marriage is a sacred union under God. It's wrong to have a baby born outside of marriage. Children are one of the reasons it was even invented.
So i'm guessing Divorce Lawyers are also appointed by god as well eh?

in other news -

I've got this awesome beach house in Mali that i'd be willing to sell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
Quote:
Yes, there is. Marriage is a sacred union under God. It's wrong to have a baby born outside of marriage. Children are one of the reasons it was even invented. But what is 20s supposed to mean? I don't understand how a time period has anything to do with this. Morality never goes out of fashion. smh...

Riiiight........(backs away slowly)

Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
So what you are saying is that you are going to opt out of love and family and the rewards that come with being a part of something bigger than yourself because of a little potential financial stress?!!

Narcissism at its' finest, folks. You are dressing this up as a concern for future family-mates and kids, but in reality, it is an excuse to avoid growing up.
And how does having a family automatically make one more mature? I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you want a family than make one but if you're not really ready to get married and start a family than don't. Just don't lie to yourself just for the sake of appearing mature and unselfish. There's many people out there who start families when they are neither emotionally and financially ready for them so the OP's concern is valid.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post

Riiiight........(backs away slowly)
Why do you guys on here bash others for their viewpoints? I don't understand it. I've never interacted with people as intolerant in my life as people on here are. You guys act like your viewpoint is in the majority or something, when it's really not. Must be the animosity.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,913 times
Quote:
Why do you guys on here bash others for their viewpoints? I don't understand. I've never interacted with people as intolerant as in my life as people on here are. You guys act like your viewpoint is in the majority or something, when it's really not. Must be the animosity.
We have a lot of childless by choice (childfree) people posting on this forum, 90sman. So it's very hurtful when we feel that our choices/lifestyle is disparaged, and many people take offense.

Having children and/or getting married is an individual choice, and all choices should be respected.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
i keep pushing back the date to marriage and kids because nothing is going right to lead a stable path to invite anyone in,let along a a kid.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And how does having a family automatically make one more mature? I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you want a family than make one but if you're not really ready to get married and start a family than don't. Just don't lie to yourself just for the sake of appearing mature and unselfish. There's many people out there who start families when they are neither emotionally and financially ready for them so the OP's concern is valid.
Yup, and having the misfortune of growing up in a small town (at least for a few of my formative years), I know a lot of these people. That they became parents so ill-prepared, financially and emotionally, is frankly terrifying.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
all choices should be respected.
Yes, including 90s man's choice.

He said what he thought and got slammed.

Tolerance works both ways.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Duly noted. And although I might not agree with 90sman, I do know several young ladies who feel the same way as he does. There's a lid for every pot.

As someone who is older (and therefore, wiser, I would think), I do feel that it's my responsibility to get people to think really hard before they bring a new life into this world. This is a matter of sound ethics, no matter what you believe.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Like the tolerance you showed for my choice on page 2 of this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships