Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you secretly hate your best friends?
Yes 3 7.89%
Some of them 2 5.26%
No 32 84.21%
I used to but not anymore 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:24 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

If I don't like someone, why would I consider them a friend, let alone a best friend? Silly, I say.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
I have a couple of BFF and it's like being married, you love that person to death for all their good points and try to ignore the not so good.

One BFF is so financially stingy it is unbelievable. The other is THE biggest flirt ever, in the entire universe. Apart from those tiny drawbacks they are the most incredible, wonderful women I have ever met...I'm sure there's something about me they find less than pleasing as well but love excludes hate.

Hate is such a strong word. I can't muster the energy to hate anyone, let alone muster the energy to HANG AROUND with someone I hate.

It wouldn't surprise me if the rich and famous BFF secretly hate each other though, eg Katie Holmes and Victoria Beckham...

Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,563 times
My best friend is like my sister. She knows me inside and out. If it weren't for her, i don't know where i would be now. We've been friends since we were 13 and have seen each other thru the best and worst times in our lives. I love her w/all my heart and i'm so grateful to have her in my life.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
No. That's ridiculous.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I ask women this that I know and I was surprised that about half actually say they do or they don't really like most of their friends, they just hang around with them out of habit or fear of being ostracized. This was especially true in high school in college. So do you secretly hate your best friends/talk about them behind their back/have them talk about you behind your back? Any interesting stories about this? Was there a time when this was true of yourself?
So, is this how we are entertaining ourselves around the frat house today?

Grown-ups do not have time to hang out with people that they hate. We are too busy with real world issues and not caught up in who deleted whom from their Facebook page and similar nonsense.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:15 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So, is this how we are entertaining ourselves around the frat house today?

Grown-ups do not have time to hang out with people that they hate. We are too busy with real world issues and not caught up in who deleted whom from their Facebook page and similar nonsense.

Being a forum posting recluse as you are, you seem to have never met a woman if you think no one EVER secretly dislikes their frlends. There's so many overly defensive whiners on this thread, I sense I touched a BIG nerve.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:

Being a forum posting recluse as you are, you seem to have never met a woman if you think no one EVER secretly dislikes their frlends. There's so many overly defensive whiners on this thread, I sense I touched a BIG nerve.
Mature adults do not stay friends with people they can't stand. What's the point? Even in high school and college - my closest friends were my closest friends for a reason - I enjoyed their company. I might have some acquaintances that I would rather not associate with but it's easier to just be cordial than to ignore them. However, my best friends are people that I love, respect, trust, and genuinely enjoy being around. I can't imagine being surrounded by people that I hated. Like I said - what would be the point? I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:

Immaturity and an overall low class vibe generally acts as repellent for people. Surely, you are familiar.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:47 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Mature adults do not stay friends with people they can't stand. What's the point? Even in high school and college - my closest friends were my closest friends for a reason - I enjoyed their company. I might have some acquaintances that I would rather not associate with but it's easier to just be cordial than to ignore them. However, my best friends are people that I love, respect, trust, and genuinely enjoy being around. I can't imagine being surrounded by people that I hated. Like I said - what would be the point? I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp.
I have friends that really do get on my nerves, but I guess I still consider it better than having no friends. I guess I could dump them and find new friends, but that would be a bit cold-hearted.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I have friends that really do get on my nerves, but I guess I still consider it better than having no friends. I guess I could dump them and find new friends, but that would be a bit cold-hearted.
Are you the one who voted yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships