Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 02:27 AM

102 posts, read 296,837 times

Advertisements

I came back into town for thanksgiving. I told my friend we should do something, and she agreed. The day before we texted said she could do it around 6. I said okay and that I would pick her up.The next afternoon I texted her and she never replied never said she couldnt go. Nothing! But I saw that she could facebook. :/ Another time I invited her somewhere she said okay. The day before I told her I would pick her. Luckily I had not left my house at that time because she never texted me that whole day. She finally texted me EXACTLY the same time I was suppose to have picked her up saying she couldn't make it. Why didn't she just tell me before she couldn't make it? What if I was already at her house and went to her house and she couldn't go. Here's another story. I picked her up from her house we made plans for her to stay the night at my house. She got in the back seat because someone else was in the front seat. We get to the restaurant Im like... wheres your stuff at? She's says she can't spend the night. Okay you should have told me this I would have never picked you up in the first place. I live on one side of the city,she lives on another side of the city and the freakin restaurant is on a other side. !This little stuff just annoys me! She's a good friend I would say. I'm just going to proceed with caution and not get my hopes up next time. Does anyone have any "friend" stories?

Last edited by meltaway; 11-27-2011 at 02:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 03:13 AM

941 posts, read 1,803,252 times
she can't manage time..

Old 11-27-2011, 04:30 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Stop texting. Pick up the phone and talk. Texting and Facebook is ruining how society communicates.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:39 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Why don`t you confront her about this rude behaviour?
It seems like she does this to you all the time, but you never say anything to her in return. Speak up!
If you can`t confront her, then stop inviting her! End of story~

Old 11-27-2011, 07:15 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Stop texting. Pick up the phone and talk. Texting and Facebook is ruining how society communicates.
^^^^This. In spades.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Stop texting. Pick up the phone and talk. Texting and Facebook are ruining how society communicates.
Fixed

Old 11-27-2011, 01:52 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
She sounds just like a friend of mine, who was fun to be with, but just never thought about anybody else. Not a mean person, just one who was the center of their own universe.

You are enabling this person by continuing to support her behavior. Don't hold back how her actions has inconvenienced you (and most probably others too). You can show these things to her without being mean yourself.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:20 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
That is not friend behavior. Let it go and spend your energy making a real friend.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:55 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
meltaway...why not wait for her to make the plans....and if it ever happens...give her a taste of her own.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:22 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
I came back into town for thanksgiving. I told my friend we should do something, and she agreed. The day before we texted said she could do it around 6. I said okay and that I would pick her up.The next afternoon I texted her and she never replied never said she couldnt go. Nothing! But I saw that she could facebook. :/ Another time I invited her somewhere she said okay. The day before I told her I would pick her. Luckily I had not left my house at that time because she never texted me that whole day. She finally texted me EXACTLY the same time I was suppose to have picked her up saying she couldn't make it. Why didn't she just tell me before she couldn't make it? What if I was already at her house and went to her house and she couldn't go. Here's another story. I picked her up from her house we made plans for her to stay the night at my house. She got in the back seat because someone else was in the front seat. We get to the restaurant Im like... wheres your stuff at? She's says she can't spend the night. Okay you should have told me this I would have never picked you up in the first place. I live on one side of the city,she lives on another side of the city and the freakin restaurant is on a other side. !This little stuff just annoys me! She's a good friend I would say. I'm just going to proceed with caution and not get my hopes up next time. Does anyone have any "friend" stories?
You don't have to hate your friend; that's a waste of time and only affects you, not her. All you have to do is not to ask her out, for you already know the answer. If she asks you out, by all means enjoy the ride, and if she doesn't, go on with your life and other friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships