Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

I can't believe yall are keeping on with this...omg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You truly have NO idea why people are perceiving you this way? REALLY?

Let's recap, shall we?

You start off by blaming your friend for your money problems.

And again, you are blaming your friend.

No. YOU are the one sending HER the mixed messages. You said you would pay on a certain date, you did not and gave her an excuse as to why you did not.

OH WELL! You should have thought about that before accepting concert tickets.

You're offended. Really.

But you ARE asking for money when you allow people to loan it to you. If you cannot afford to pay them back, do NOT borrow any more money! In fact, if you cannot afford whatever the item is, you just don't get it. Life isn't fair, it's hard, boo hoo.

It IS her business when it's HER money! It doesn't matter how much she makes, it's HER money!

I'm gonna guess she wants to throw the friendship away over your attitude about the whole thing.

Again, blaming your friend.

And again, you are blaming your friend.

AND AGAIN, you are blaming your friend.

If you don't make enough money, then you don't BORROW THE MONEY FROM ANYONE ELSE. You know that you can't pay it back, STOP BORROWING MONEY!

And YET again, you are blaming your friend.

You do not live within your means if you are constantly borrowing money from people and cannot pay them back. That is not called, "living within my means". And might I add, once again, you are blaming your friend, "she begged me".

That is not HER problem! It's her money. If you cannot afford to go to a concert, you don't go. If you don't feel as if you should "have" to dip in to your savings to pay someone back, you should not be borrowing money. Period.

And again, again, again, you are blaming your friend for YOUR money problems.

Good God, how many times are you going to blame her for YOUR money issues?

That is not HER problem. That is YOUR problem. You chose to accept the ticket, YOU can't pay her back, YOU are the problem. YOU are the one throwing the friendship away because YOU cannot be bothered to "dip in to your savings".

'

Oh cry me a river. You are not the first college student that has had to survive on Top Ramen.

And still, pages later, you are STILL blaming your friend for YOUR choices.

Gee, I wonder why people think you are acting bratty and entitled. Listen to yourself!

You are NOT some innocent victim here. Once again, you are blaming her for YOUR choices. NO ONE forced you to take that ticket. You chose to accept that ticket. You made the choice to be in debt to her for $75 and you have continually blamed HER for YOUR choices.

And you CONTINUE to blame HER! Unbelievable!

You still have no clue as to why people are stating that you are acting like an entitled spoiled brat? Do you really, seriously, NOT get it?!

I seriously doubt that the friendship is being ended over $45. I'm more apt to believe the friendship is being ended because of your attitude and the way you are acting towards her.
LOLOLOL...wow, didn't mean to get your panties in such a wad . that's a lot of effort you put forth for a stranger who you obviously are very peeved by. I never said I was a victim, just that I'm mad. Her and I have never, ever ever had problems before this, other than something small a couple weeks ago that was not even related to this, so your point about her dumping our friendship over my attitude is not valid. If I always had an attitude, then I'd agree with you. but I'm mad, do I have no right to be at least a little attitudey? we all get that way when we're mad.

the "constant borrowing" is just when soemone has to buy things in groups so we have to "pay back". taht's the extent of my borrowing. I always can afford it if I agreed to it. in this situation, I was upfront with her and she was A-ok with it! so I agreed...and yes, lesson learned...gotcha, for the millionth time. As for the condescending ramen comment, I've eaten peanut butter and other stupid foods, just so I can eat when money is mega tight, so don't tell me taht I'm too entitled to suffer. I have a very small appetite anyways so its not like food costs much for me. My savings is rent money, not savings.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:37 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
LOLOLOL...wow

Pretty much!

Sounds like some people got their own issues goin on...lol

Old 05-19-2012, 06:20 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
--- ^ 3 wolves in snow

So much anger over such a petty little thing - you make it sound like Mir committed some grievous crime against humanity...good gosh, I really don't get this attitude one bit.

Being a friend means sharing, caring, and *forgiving.* Or at least that's the way I was brought up. I've loaned a dear friend $700, and I ain't rich - do I sit here and pester him to pay me back? Of course not. I told him he can pay me back whenever he has extra money to spare. Is it MY money? Of course not! That money ceased being mine when I gave it to him, and any money that he has is HIS, until it's back in my palm. What if he never pays me back? Well, I can't be angry, as I *voluntarily* loaned him that money without the benefit of a written contract - if I needed the money back that badly, I'd not loaned him that money, i.e., this was money stashed away in my "kitty" that I wasn't using for day-to-day expenses.

So, that friend of Mir made a mistake by loaning money she shouldn't have, she made a mistake to pressure Mir into going to a concert she didn't have the money for at the time - and if she really wanted her company that bad, she should have been a *tad* more understanding when Mir didn't have a way to pay her back at that particular time. That's how friends are supposed to be - this is not a business relationship we're talking about here...lol.

With some of the overly harsh attitudes displayed towards Mir, it's no wonder why this country is in such a funk, and things will NOT get better until people start caring about each other a little bit more.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:35 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Clearly you need to learn to read. where did I say I was not paying her back? I said I can't pay her back NOW . so, yes, she is the one willing to dump this friendship over a few bucks that she is gonna get anyways. I definitely valued her friendship, but after her not being accommodating (among a few other things that are now making more sense), I'm not sure I'm too bummed anymore. but if she feels that I'm the horrible person here when I have always paid her back (or been fair when it comes to splitting bills on travel when we have traveled, things like that) on things like this, then that's her opinion and that's fine. she's entitled to that. If it makes me entitled to feel that the only thing I really did awfully wrong was pay her a few days later than I said I could, then so be it.

All the excuses in the world aren't going to absolve you of your responsibility to pay back your friend when you originally said you would. I would move heaven and earth to pay back a friend and I would lose sleep 'til I did.

That's the difference between honorable and less than honorable people.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
All the excuses in the world aren't going to absolve you of your responsibility to pay back your friend when you originally said you would. I would move heaven and earth to pay back a friend and I would lose sleep 'til I did.

That's the difference between honorable and less than honorable people.
You folks just don't get it, do you? Being a friend means having consideration about being paid back - this is not a business relationship!

I just don't understand the way some people think - sure makes me glad that I have the friends I do.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
Three Wolves in Snow was merely going thru this whole thread of the OP's self-inflicted drama and pointing out the OP's lack of responsibility. The OP is displaying typical entitlement, drama-queen tactics, attacking her for having a "problem" rather than the OP admitting that s/he is the problem.

Grow up. Pay your bills when you say you will. Stop looking for self-justification for your own entitlement attitudes from strangers.

I hope that the "friend" - who bought the OP's ticket originally - learns that the OP is not and has never been her friend, but only uses people for what s/he can get out of them, and is able to find real friends who aren't jealous of her, and who don't think that she 'owes' them anything because she has a better job and better financials. Being nice to entitlement mavens and users doesn't make them friends, it makes them resentful and spiteful, as the OP has proven repetitively in this single thread. A real friend would never have started this self-justifying whiny thread to begin with, would have been embarrassed and considered their lack of repayment shameful and not to be noised about or repetitively excused to strangers, and would have paid their bill as quickly as possible, however possible, because they valued the friendship.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
--- ^ 3 wolves in snow

With some of the overly harsh attitudes displayed towards Mir, it's no wonder why this country is in such a funk, and things will NOT get better until people start caring about each other a little bit more.
With the obvious lack of accepting responsibility for one's own actions, it's no wonder the country is failing. It's all about entitlement and it can't last.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
I was supposed to get paid today and I told a friend of mine that I'd pay the remaining 45 dollars for a concert ticket that I owe her. When she bought the tickets, I told her it was a bit much for me and she insisted she'd buy them and I can just pay her back but she never gave me specific due dates until now and she knows my pay has dropped and I've paid her almost half..which is tough on me but I know I owe her so I did. well anyways, I didn't realize that I forgot to turn in my time sheet for the job that was supposed to pay me today, so I didn't get paid and now its going to have to wait until next pay period. I tell her this and she demands I draw out of my savings cause she has bills to pay (and I don't??)...and she makes double what I make! I'm so outraged. I don't even know what to do..this is the second fight her and I have had in 2 weeks, over stupid and rude stuff on her end. If she made the same or less than me, I would just draw out my savings for her, but she makes double so how dare she tell me what to do with my money???
Proverbs 22:7
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible "Authorized Version"

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry." - from Shakespear's Hamlet

Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
With the obvious lack of accepting responsibility for one's own actions, it's no wonder the country is failing. It's all about entitlement and it can't last.
It's not about "entitlement" at all, it's about forgiveness, kindness and not being a total jerk-off about money, money, money. That's all it's ever about, the rich taking from the poor and never giving back. Damned right I despise the rich, with attitudes like that - if I had the power of God even for one minute, I'd zap all the money from the world and see how the rich fare then - considering they can't even tie their own shoelaces without the "help."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships