Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 12:46 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times

Advertisements

Back then, it wasn't possible to meet people from other countries. You had to go there yourself, on vacation at your expense. Now with computers and social networking, you can possibly meet other people from other countries. I wonder how you can do such a thing, even if they're not your relatives or have no relations with them. I do have a FaceBook account. Don't worry, I'm not a creepy stalker or a pervert. Just want to communicate with other people from other countries.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I've met some really awesome people on these sites. I do language exchange sites. When I go traveling I will use different sites to meet people and meet up with them when I'm in their city/country and they can show me around. There's a site called language-exchanges.org and also interpals.net , both are meant for language exchange purposes, but it's a great way to meet people. I have met MANY friends from these site that I've kept in contact years after meeting.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:56 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
I used to do this starting in the mid-90's when the internet took off. Back then, match.com wasn't just a dating site - it was great for pen-pals, friends, activity partners, etc. I corresponded with women in India, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia, and other countries, and over the years met (almost) all of those people.

I'm sure there must be sites for pen-pals in existence, or multi-purpose social sites, and of course dating sites can still be used to make contacts overseas (it's not creepy because of the distance, and some people still like to write; I've still got some conversations going with overseas pen-pals).

Old 06-13-2012, 07:10 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
There's no big sites like that anymore, back in the day Myspace was perfect for that but that's kinda dead. Try myyearbook.com, that's somewhat similar to Myspace but a lot smaller. Twitter might be good too but it's hard to search for people.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
There's no big sites like that anymore, back in the day Myspace was perfect for that but that's kinda dead. Try myyearbook.com, that's somewhat similar to Myspace but a lot smaller. Twitter might be good too but it's hard to search for people.

interpals is a huge site for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships