Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:06 AM

36 posts, read 91,666 times

Advertisements

The MIL arrived on June 1 and is still here!! It was to be a visit to see and help with the two kids, 15 and 5. The kids are starting school now and she has not given plans to leave!!! My summer has been total hell from her nasty ****ting on my carpet dog to her opening and analyzing my pay stubs. She has a husband. He dropped her off and only stayed two days to see his grandkids and daughter. Took off to the Pa residence. I can't blame him but what the F###!!!!!! My wife is affraid to hurt her Mom's feelings. I think I need the help of someone?? The best of all the mil hates me or at least treats me that way. please read my post from 2009 on moving to NC from PA. Please help me/ us??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 12:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,364,479 times
No one can help you quit allowing your Mother In Law to treat you like crap and take advantage of you. If your wife is not woman enough to tell her to leave then you need to do it for her and buy the Mother In Law a bus ticket home. If my Mother In Law (which I don't have one because she crossed over before I met my husband) ever opened my mail I would have put her out in a heartbeat. It is NONE of her business how much you make, how you raise your children or how often you go pp. Put her OUT and be done with it.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:09 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,094,485 times
Is this post some kind of joke? You don't know how to put someone out of your own house? Oh, boy! You and your wife have far more issues than anyone on an Internet message board can help!

Buy a 1-way ticket, put her on a plane and move on with your lives - and most importantly, don't welcome her back. Ever. Again.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:32 AM

642 posts, read 1,172,397 times
You AND your wife must face your Mother-in-Law together. Be polite and very, very clear.

This is our home and our lives and, thank-you, we are doing OK. We love you and we think you are great but, this is our home and whilst you are welcome, you do have your own home to go to to and right now, we need some time together in our own home.

You can come back when we invite you but, we want you to go home to your own house. We want you to go within the next few days certainly before this weekend.

This is never easy but, all of the above is completly true and if you ML truly takes offense, then she must take that offense with her. You wife will unfortunately have to sort that out if it happens.

YOU HAVE NO CHOICE. You MUST face this head on, together. The sooner you do it, the sooner it is done. Grasp the nettle. Ain't no other way. Sorry. Tell yer she has to go home. DO it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVQPPqyXa0

Old 09-02-2012, 06:47 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,600,641 times
I agree with others--your wife needs to put you and the children first and tell mom its time for her to head back home.

Is there any chance your mil actually left her husband and your wife knows this but just hasn't told you?

Have you or your wife talked to fil since he dumped off mil?

I would buy a ticket, tell mil she is leaving in xx days and you'll take her to airport/bus station. Don't count on fil showing up. Or plan a weekend trip to drive her home yourself. Set the date and get her out of there.

Your wife needs to stand firm and tell her mom plainly that it is time for the visit to end. She can do this politely. It doesn't have to be ugly.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:03 AM

34,152 posts, read 83,198,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serovich View Post
The MIL arrived on June 1...He dropped her off and ...Took off to the Pa residence.
That sounds like a plan right there.
Pack her up and ship her out on the MegaBus to Philadelphia.
Tell him to go fetch her there.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:05 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,653,958 times
Grow a pair and kick her out.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:16 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,209,168 times
Tell her you appreciate her help, but if she wants to stay any longer in Charlotte she will have to rent an apartment.

Give her a move out date.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,276,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serovich View Post
The MIL arrived on June 1 and is still here!! It was to be a visit to see and help with the two kids, 15 and 5. The kids are starting school now and she has not given plans to leave!!! My summer has been total hell from her nasty ****ting on my carpet dog to her opening and analyzing my pay stubs. She has a husband. He dropped her off and only stayed two days to see his grandkids and daughter. Took off to the Pa residence. I can't blame him but what the F###!!!!!! My wife is affraid to hurt her Mom's feelings. I think I need the help of someone?? The best of all the mil hates me or at least treats me that way. please read my post from 2009 on moving to NC from PA. Please help me/ us??
See and help w/ your two kids?? You mean she has babysat for you all summer, probably for free...And you are acting like she has imposed on you?? Tell her things are back to normal now, the kids will be in school and her services will no longer be needed. Give her a thank you/going home party. And don't call her to help out next summer.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,983,618 times
Find her a boyfriend since her current man seems to have no interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships