Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,206 times

Advertisements

Were you wearing a low cut or a v neck top? Was skin from your chest, stomach, or back showing? If not, then I dunno. Don't go to that store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Were you wearing a low cut or a v neck top? Was skin from your chest, stomach, or back showing? If not, then I dunno. Don't go to that store.
Why are people asking about the OP's dress style? She says in her OP that she wears business casual and is among the best-dressed customers in the store. This is a weird line of questioning. I think she's smart enough to figure out this much, herself.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is irrelevant to the situation the OP presents. A guy who can't behave in a professional manner while on the job, and has to point and hoot at a customer is pathetic.
Ok, so why say that men don't know what being a woman is like? That's not relevant to the discussion either. She has no idea what they're talking about. It may have nothing to do with her gender. It's not logical to say that my response to something you said was irrelevant. You shouldn't have brought it up.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM

521 posts, read 762,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Aren't they???

What community are you in where there are no rude and disrespectful store attendants. I might consider relocating...
It is not the norm for store attendants to point, stare, laugh and mock at the customers. Most of them are pretty neutral where I'm from--they're not overly nice but they aren't rude either.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Ok, so why say that men don't know what being a woman is like? That's not relevant to the discussion either.
It was very relevant to the post I was responding to, which said the OP was reading too much into the situation, and the problem was all in her head.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I dont let everything slide, just things dont matter much in the grand scheme of things. People who have a boring minimum wage job tend to be in a bad.mood or otherwise act inappropriately. It doesnt bother me, so I dont go on a mission to get them fired.

There are better battles to fight. People are starving, dying of treatable illnesses. People are.abused everyday... and you think a crusade against a cashier is a good use of time?
Whose saying those issues aren't being addressed?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Don't jump to conclusions. Don't just assume the worst. Why not ask him straight up. If he's not man enough to give you a straight answer then maybe it is something.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Why are people asking about the OP's dress style? She says in her OP that she wears business casual and is among the best-dressed customers in the store. This is a weird line of questioning. I think she's smart enough to figure out this much, herself.
Blame the victim strategy.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
She also noted that she isn't as dark as other black female customers. what is your opinion on that part?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
She also noted that she isn't as dark as other black female customers. what is your opinion on that part?
She explained that a couple of times. Review her posts. There's no need to repeat that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships