Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 05:57 PM

119 posts, read 245,339 times

Advertisements

I heard recently that the night before Thanksgiving is a big bar night because people are reuniting with old childhood friends, etc.

Also, a bank teller today told me the day before Thanksgiving is "the biggest bar night of the year" and "it will be impossible to find a cab".

Now, I'm feeling sort of left out. None of my friends made plans with me for tonight, and I'm not quite sure if they're doing anything. My best friend has to work in a hospital tomorrow morning so she doesn't go out the night before work.

I don't even want to go out. It is cold, I'm lazy, and I don't want to spend money at a bar but for some reason I feel like I'm missing out on something grand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
I heard recently that the night before Thanksgiving is a big bar night because people are reuniting with old childhood friends, etc.

Also, a bank teller today told me the day before Thanksgiving is "the biggest bar night of the year" and "it will be impossible to find a cab".

Now, I'm feeling sort of left out. None of my friends made plans with me for tonight, and I'm not quite sure if they're doing anything. My best friend has to work in a hospital tomorrow morning so she doesn't go out the night before work.

I don't even want to go out. It is cold, I'm lazy, and I don't want to spend money at a bar but for some reason I feel like I'm missing out on something grand.
Don't believe the hype.

Yes, some college students do get together the day before Thanksgiving or on Thansgiving morning with old high school friends but it isn't everyone. Call a few people up only if YOU want to go out but don't feel badly if everyone want to stay home & veg out.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
I used to live in the bar neighborhood of Pittsburgh. The streets were crazy the night before Thanksgiving. Also, I've heard that pizza deliveries on Thanksgiving Eve are second only to the day of the Super Bowl.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:13 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
It is sort of a thing where I live for certain graduating high school classes. Kids coming home from college meeting up with their buddies for the mini reunion at a local bar. My daughters graduating class made this an official event, my sons graduating class (4 years later) don't do any of that though.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:07 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I used to live in the bar neighborhood of Pittsburgh. The streets were crazy the night before Thanksgiving. Also, I've heard that pizza deliveries on Thanksgiving Eve are second only to the day of the Super Bowl.
Apparently, it is the biggest bar night of the year in Pittsburgh. Whoa, who knew?! I saw on the Pittsburgh news that extra police had been put on duty and extra security guards and bouncers hired. As well as DUI checkpoints planned.

In my family, we don't go out on the night before Thanksgiving. We stay home and fight amongst ourselves.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Not counting new years eve, I would say it is. I always stay away from downtown for that reason, long lines, high cover charges, no drink specials and waiting to get my drinks.

I just stay on my side of town in my bars and don't worry about the lines and annoying people.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
I heard that on the radio and was surprised, I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense with people getting to their destination, then meeting up with "home town" friends!!

Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Yes. I know Thanksgiving Eve used to be a big clubbing night for me and my friends. I definitely preferred that night over New Years Eve.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Yes. The secret is out. In anticipation of the big day, everybody goes out the night before for some extra stuffing--if you get my drift.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
I wish I had gotten the memo on that! For years I've been spending the night (and day) before Thansgiving getting ready and stressing out. Going to the bar sounds like a LOT more fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships