Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
LOL---rather than answer-you evade the obvious by asking a question. You come off as obnoxious as the OP
I see you didn't answer it either.

YOu only find me obnoxious because I pointed out the ridiculous. Now run along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
LOL---rather than answer-you evade the obvious by asking a question. You come off as obnoxious as the OP
Agree!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
Well, I understand how people can jump to conclusions without knowing the people involved. As an example, my 9-year old daughter (being a typical 9-year old) conspired with a friend to get that friend included in a trip my parents were going to take to see Christmas lights (one of the drive-through deals). My mother spent no less than 10 minutes on the phone with my husband discussing all the possible things that could go wrong ("What if the child gets hurt? I don't have a release to take her to the hospital") and telling us how she is "too old" to deal with other people's children. These 9-year olds are quite self-sufficient, and we're talking about a total of 2-3 hours driving through a light display (there and back), not sword-swallowing or snow skiing.

I understand the whole "don't rain on her parade" mentality, but I see what I see and hear what I hear. The novelty will wear off and the day-to-day grind will begin. I will, as promised to all of you here, mind my own business and keep my mouth shut. The majority of posters here feel that I am selfish, jealous, and "disordered" to worry about this. I think I'll just stick with my own problems from now on and let my family fend for themselves. Sorry, but I am a little frustrated.
And, seeing your post about how your Mother reacted to one extra child...I see you are probably just following the due course in your family. IF your Mom spent 10 min. stressing over a drive to see Christmas lights...Than what you are expressing about your Sister maybe your family norm.

Sorry...But, if you can see how your Mom was a bit over the top...Why can't you see how over the top you are....w/out taking offence....Just acknowledging that you are a lot more stressed than normal folks might be, over something that truly isn't your call...whether your sister has a baby & when.

I truly think it is hard for you to see this...and I get that perhaps your Mom modeled some of this angst...Not dissing your Mom or You. Just connecting the dots.....You may be over-reactive because your Mom is/was...
I strongly urge that you get some counseling...I can attest that it can help so much. It is simply a tool sometimes, getting someone else's perspective....much like trying to get opinions.....but a counselor is trained in how to give you tools, and help you to develop healthy coping skills w/out offending...some of us may not mean to offend...but come across as though we do....typing words is not the same as a counselor saying w/ genuine caring and concern in their voice that you need to discuss why you feel so strongly about this...And you get an opportunity to discuss back and forth...Without someone else saying hateful things and making things worse and sort of derailing the thread ....I am ony suggesting to help....honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships