Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I have a cousin who is highly educated and she is a writer of several aticles and yet she has just married a guy who can barely read and write and spell . I dont get why a highly educated woman would marry an almost illiterate man , I dont get it , I have asked her several times why and she says she cant explain it . I just thought she would have chosen a man more her equal mentally . I asked her mother and all her mother can do is cry , so go figure .
Opposites attract
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
"I can't explain it" is code speak for "My God, you wouldn't believe the sex. We have headboard banging, howling, sweaty, gorilla sex that goes on and on and on for hours in more positions than you'll find in the pages of the Kama Sutra. We've broken two beds and ripped seventeen sets of sheets to shreds. Our sex life is so magnificent that it makes angels weep with envy, so incredible that Cirque Soleil is thinking of doing a Vegas show based on how we do the humpalumpadingdong every night and three times on Saturday. And it doesn't hurt that his industrial grade love sausage reaches me in places that you'd never dream possible. So to hell with the fact that he couldn't work the crossword puzzle in TV Guide if his life depended on it. The guy knows how to put the wood to me."

Hope that explains matters. And her mother likely cries because she isn't getting it like that anymore.

We would expect nothing less than the answer you gave.

Toxic pride is putrid.

Presuming/assuming--> is never a good way to accurately gauge another person's intelligence quotient.

Like with so many truly brilliant men who have walked the face of this planet, Albert Einstein was known for great proficiency in some areas, and very low proficiency in others.

You will find a lot of 'pie holes' out there that actually believe they know it all. They are very easy to recognize. They are arse hole schmucks, who possess a few measley degrees and never let anyone forget it. The real brains don't usually make a show of their degrees or intelligence. Oftentimes, their degrees end up hidden away in some dark desk drawer somewhere-- only to be utilized when absolutely necessary. Pretentiousness is hardly ever found in the ones who have the greatest minds. They have no time or space for such nonsense in their lives!

Bottom line: Don't be one of those pie holes/schmucks! Get to know the guy at a deeper, more intimate level. Then, and only then, will you be able to make an accurate assessment of his intellect.

Last edited by picklejuice; 12-18-2012 at 08:50 AM..

Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
We would expect nothing less than the answer you gave.

Toxic pride is putrid.

Presuming/assuming--> is never a good way to accurately gauge another person's intelligence quotient.

Like with so many truly brilliant men who have walked the face of this planet, Albert Einstein was known for great proficiency in some areas, and very low proficiency in others.

You will find a lot of 'pie holes' out there that actually believe they know it all. They are very easy to recognize. They are arse hole schmucks, who possess a few measley degrees and never let anyone forget it. The real brains don't usually make a show of their degrees or intelligence. Oftentimes, their degrees end up hidden away in some dark desk drawer somewhere-- only to be utilized when absolutely necessary. Pretentiousness is hardly ever found in the ones who have the greatest minds. They have no time or space for such nonsense in their lives!

Bottom line: Don't be one of those pie holes/schmucks! Get to know the guy at a deeper, more intimate level. Then, and only then, will you be able to make an accurate assessment of his intellect.
So do you have an issue with the joke I made or the OP?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:24 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
And you got 3 medals?!?!? I should get 1 medal at least!!! Maybe this guy is good with his hands? Maybe he's very artistic? I'm sure he has other attributes that appeal to her. I'm sure he isn't a bum who decided to not be anything in his life. You can still be very talented and intelligent without having to know how to read and write.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships