Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:08 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,772,311 times

Advertisements

I don't think you are supposed to identify people with their full names, famous or not. I don't watch TV, so I have no idea who this person is and it does not matter.

Stalking is harassment no matter the reason or who is doing it to another person.

If someone continues to harass you and it does not stop after you ask them not to contact you again. You then simply file a police report and go from there.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM

223 posts, read 207,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Hi all, As a man, I want to know why society is OK with women stalking men, but is NOT OK with men stalking women.

I am the guy who Jessica Sierra, of American Idol fame, has claimed that I have stalked her. However, it was a 59 year-old that was stalking her, not me. I am 28 years old. I was simply sending her supportive e-mails as a fan.

However, I was somehow included as a suspect of aggravated stalking in this case just because I sent her a few e-mails around the time she was harassed by the 59 year-old pervert.

I, myself have been stalked by a girl, and this girl went as far as to send me her panties via UPS in 2006 that she wore after her period. I thought that was disgusting beyond belief.

However, some of my coworkers at the time were like she is a girl, so you should be turned on by that. However, I was totally creeped out.

Why is it that women are protected to such extremes in today's society and that men who are harassed by women and report it are considered either gay or a wuss bag??

As a man, I don't care how good looking a woman is, if she is harassing me, I WILL report her to the local police.

It is also a misconception that women are weak and can't defend themselves against men, when in fact, the case is the exact opposite more often than not. Women are not as weak as society makes them out to be.
The word "fan" is short for "fanatic". "A few supportive emails" possibly translates into a crazy email snowstorm.

Also those period pants? They weren't intended to be a compliment, I can assure you. She may as well have spit on you.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
OP, you ought to go and watch the movie, ''Fatal Attraction''.

It was before your time, but you might find it interesting.

In it's day it changed the perception of men as stalkers over women.

I am a female who was once stalked by a crazy female co-worker.

''Stalking'' is what it is.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Hi all, As a man, I want to know why society is OK with women stalking men, but is NOT OK with men stalking women.

It is?

[]

Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds&pearls View Post
The word "fan" is short for "fanatic". "A few supportive emails" possibly translates into a crazy email snowstorm.

Also those period pants? They weren't intended to be a compliment, I can assure you. She may as well have spit on you.
Maybe she was his #1 fan!

[it happens]

Old 02-22-2013, 10:58 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
What society are you living in? Because it's not okay in mine no matter who does it.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 PM

770 posts, read 1,798,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Stalking is not OK male or female. Men are still seen as bullet proof in many situations and we are supposed to just roll with it and not make a fuss. Hey if a woman is coming on to you, any woman you better take advantage of that or risk being labelled as gay or weird.
We are supposed to be tough enough not to care but a woman with an agenda can be very dangerous especially if she is stalking you. She could even rough herself up and blame you and guess who the cops will believe ntil the truth comes out but i nthe mean time your life will be miserable.
People are weird and it is best not to encourage any of the wackos out there.
I agree 100%. Societies views on the subject need to change. I have never been so scared or creeped out as I was when I was stalked by a woman. She was my age and hot, but I didn't have any interest in her, as I care more about what is inside than outside.

Don't get me wrong, I do have some standards when it comes to looks, but they are not unrealistic either. I have known many strong women in my life who I wouldn't ever consider weak. They may be weaker physically in most cases, but they can be surprisingly tough and intelligent enough turn the police against you.

This needs to be a society where everyone is equal regardless of gender; because as of right now, Women have the clear advantage when it comes to the law.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What society are you living in? Because it's not okay in mine no matter who does it.
Uh, I am living in the U.S., where the Law treats women like the victims far more often than not.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
OP, you ought to go and watch the movie, ''Fatal Attraction''.

It was before your time, but you might find it interesting.

In it's day it changed the perception of men as stalkers over women.

I am a female who was once stalked by a crazy female co-worker.

''Stalking'' is what it is.
Yes it was before my time but i WILL watch it. You are right, stalking is what it is. I just wish that the law was in that same mind-frame in this day and age.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
I don't think you are supposed to identify people with their full names, famous or not. I don't watch TV, so I have no idea who this person is and it does not matter.

Stalking is harassment no matter the reason or who is doing it to another person.

If someone continues to harass you and it does not stop after you ask them not to contact you again. You then simply file a police report and go from there.
I agree and that is what I have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships