Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:37 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
Someone's in for a rough ride the next few decades if they keep stewing over such small stuff.
this is not just a one time event, this is a bunch of times with just different people. I have already stated that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
As others have alluded to, she knows you don't really like her and she doesn't really like you either. Save yourself some stress and just try to minimize the time that you two are at the same place. Don't talk about her behind her back to common friends or do anything else that will end up causing you more stress.
how? just because I don't talk to her? i mean if she talks to me, Ill talk back, but I don't ever initiate conversation with her.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Umm first of all, before you run your mouth, ask questions and then come to a conclusion, this is the FIRST time this has happened with this person, I barely know them and this IS a new group of friends. So before you come on here to condemn me, get the facts first otherwise just shut up.

THEN PROVIDE ALL the facts in your original post........that way there is no miscommunication as to what is going on "in your opinion". Then please hand the laptop to this person who wronged you so much with her comment and let HER post HER SIDE of what happened..........THEN we, your audience waiting with baited breath get the ENTIRE STORY from BOTH SIDES.

Also, it is really quite rude, immature and terribly bad manners to tell someone to "SHUT UP", were you not taught better as a child?

PS~~ If this group of people are your "new" friends you need to start looking for "newer" friends, it does not appear that the current new group is going to work out real well for you.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
THEN PROVIDE ALL the facts in your original post........that way there is no miscommunication as to what is going on "in your opinion". Then please hand the laptop to this person who wronged you so much with her comment and let HER post HER SIDE of what happened..........THEN we, your audience waiting with baited breath get the ENTIRE STORY from BOTH SIDES.

Also, it is really quite rude, immature and terribly bad manners to tell someone to "SHUT UP", were you not taught better as a child?

PS~~ If this group of people are your "new" friends you need to start looking for "newer" friends, it does not appear that the current new group is going to work out real well for you.

in the order in which I was asked:

Nope, won't do it, no, apparently not, and nope, I don't think so.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:14 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
I believe in my heart, no one but no one is trying to insult you...and I believe in my heart, you are a very young person...and what I believe people here are trying to tell you is, there are much bigger things in life to be concerned about...we as older folks see our young generation going off the deep end and loosing intellectual awareness...it isn't about how your new found friends are acting, what it is about, is, that this is such a small thing...really small compared to what you should be concerning yourself with...

Knowledge...awareness, maturity and the ability to succeed, b/c if you succeed we succeed...and it's so frustrating to see our young people loosing touch with the real world, only concerned with hanging out, rather then informing yourself with all the mental knowledge you are able to absorb, including maturity, faith, hope and realizing, this country is in dire straits....so compared to what is really going on out there missy....believe me, no one means you any harm...but this huge problem you've created in your own mind, is nothing compared to the bigger picture....nothing....

best regards

Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe in my heart, no one but no one is trying to insult you...and I believe in my heart, you are a very young person...and what I believe people here are trying to tell you is, there are much bigger things in life to be concerned about...we as older folks see our young generation going off the deep end and loosing intellectual awareness...it isn't about how your new found friends are acting, what it is about, is, that this is such a small thing...really small compared to what you should be concerning yourself with...

Knowledge...awareness, maturity and the ability to succeed, b/c if you succeed we succeed...and it's so frustrating to see our young people loosing touch with the real world, only concerned with hanging out, rather then informing yourself with all the mental knowledge you are able to absorb, including maturity, faith, hope and realizing, this country is in dire straits....so compared to what is really going on out there missy....believe me, no one means you any harm...but this huge problem you've created in your own mind, is nothing compared to the bigger picture....nothing....

best regards
Good post, I repped you.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Well I just got back from hanging out with my friends and this thing happened..in fact it's little things like this that get me where I don't know how to respond.

So there is this group that I am in and there is this girl. She is socially awkward and kinda weird, not someone that I would really talk to tbh. Well anyone I met this guy tonight that had the same name as me and I made the joke, "Hey that's not fair! There can only be one!" and I laughed, well out of the blue this girl points at the guy that I am talking to and says, "I vote for this one" Not smiling, laughing or anything. I felt kinda insulted but I just laughed it off and said, "Fine you can have him!", but honestly I don't know 1. Why would she say that? I don't know her 2. Why does it seem like some people just say stuff to insult others for no apparent reason?

Maybe I am taking it too personal, idk, but I don't really like that chick anyways.
There's your answer, so blow it off.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:02 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
this is not just a one time event, this is a bunch of times with just different people. I have already stated that.
If this is a universal thing, how do you think other people handle dry humor, sarcasm, teasing etc in a casual social setting? Do you think they get as upset as you? Or is it something within you?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
[quote=Blackscorpion;29771024 There can only be one!" and I laughed, well out of the blue this girl points at the guy that I am talking to and says, "I vote for this one"
Would it have been better if she voted for you? What you have is a conflict of personalities. Neither of you is good or bad right or wrong. You're going to run into a lot of people over your lifetime that you won't be on the same page with. It's how you handle it that's important. Always treat someone like a human being first even the haters and rectums. I know it's hard sometimes. You can talk to her in private about some of her behavior and let her know in a kind way that it's not appreciated. The mature people get it. The ones Buddha needs to send back a few times to reach a higher plane won't get it.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:33 PM

[quote=animalcrazy;29811144][quote=Blackscorpion;29771024 There can only be one!" and I laughed, well out of the blue this girl points at the guy that I am talking to and says, "I vote for this one"
Would it have been better if she voted for you? What you have is a conflict of personalities. Neither of you is good or bad right or wrong. You're going to run into a lot of people over your lifetime that you won't be on the same page with. It's how you handle it that's important. Always treat someone like a human being first even the haters and rectums. I know it's hard sometimes. You can talk to her in private about some of her behavior and let her know in a kind way that it's not appreciated. The mature people get it. [B]The ones Buddha needs to send back a few times to reach a higher plane won't get it.[/[/b]QUOTE]

Like this part! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships