Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times

Advertisements

Of course the husband is guilty, but the OP is making excuses for her friend. There is no excuse for either of them.

Last edited by Georgianbelle; 06-12-2013 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
You don't know these people so there's nothing lost by writing them off. You haven't invested anything into this just yet. Why invite that sort of tension into your life?

Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
The husband is probably one of those men who is always blaming his wife for his unhappiness and then cheating on her with women who feel sorry for him. It happens all of the time. Tell your friend to quit helping this man deceive his wife.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I would write an anonymous letter to the wife and put it in the mail.
Don't do this. You will setting in motion a chain of events that you cannot predict or control. Let the friend go to counseling. Let her end the affair. If everyone is lucky, no one will be the wiser. The marriages will continue. If the cheating husband continues to cheat, he will be found out eventually.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well your half right.

Why should the OP tell a woman she met once at a party that her husband is having an affair? They're not friends and not even acquaintances, they met once. Bad advice.

Think about it, if a stranger you met once told you something very personal and upsetting what would you think? And than add on I can't reveal the names.

You're right about putting some distance with this dear friend, not only did she drag the OP into an awful situation she isn't a very nice person. What else is she capable of. I would tell her I don't want to hear anymore and distance myself. Not all friendships are meant to last forever.
There's really no "right" way or "easy" way to handle this situation. I'm sure you & I would disagree on many things. But this is about the OP, not you or I, and she is going to have to figure it out.

I've always found its best to discuss a serious issue like this with one trusted person, like a counselor or advisor, not solicit multiple opinions....that's a recipe for disaster. But, to each his own.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
There's really no "right" way or "easy" way to handle this situation. I'm sure you & I would disagree on many things. But this is about the OP, not you or I, and she is going to have to figure it out.

I've always found its best to discuss a serious issue like this with one trusted person, like a counselor or advisor, not solicit multiple opinions....that's a recipe for disaster. But, to each his own.
It is the wrong way when as the poster above you pointed out about setting off a chain of events that you can't control and can cause more chaos.

Put on your thinking hat, if a total stranger walked up to you and told you something devastating about something in your life, how would you react? Most people would be very offended and in disbelief. They would probably think the person telling them this was crazy. You don't do that.

And the reason the OP posted this situation, is because she can't figure out what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships