Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:19 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I was in the office at work a few days ago and there was a co-worker a few cubicles down and apparently this guy has developed some kind of nasal/cold/allergy issue.

He will blow his nose at his desk for a good 45 seconds at a time.. I mean he has to take several breaths to reload so he can keep going.

He'll be doing this a bunch of times a day, up to 5 or 6 times.

It is just me, or should Mr. Allergy Man head over to the restroom to handle business.

Some co-worker from across the other side of the office even said in a joking way "Hey Bill, finish up already."

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-20-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
People never cease to astonish me in the workplace. It's one thing to briefly clear your nostrils for a couple of seconds. It's another to be honking away like a seal at your desk for a marathon nose-blowing session. In that case he should step away to take care of business.

I get the same thing where I work. That and people who will eat stinky foods for lunch at their desk, have loud conversations via speakerphone because they are too lazy to pick up the handset, fidget constantly and others who have no concept of personal space. When they need your help they come charging up to your desk and stand next to you with their belt buckle nearly resting on your shoulder.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
I hate all those things too! Ugh!
But beware, I started a thread a year ago about people pooping at work and I got attacked left and right for not being tolerant/accepting. But it was quite a fun thread!
Found it, here it is: Number Two at Work? Really?

Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
I don't know why - but all things mucus make me nauseous. Even a cute toddler with a runny nose is enough to pull me over. If I heard that coming from a nearby cubicle - I might very well vomit - and would not be able to help it. If I worked at your workplace - my running into his workspace to be sick would take care of the problem in the future. He needs to go somewhere private to be that disgusting.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
But beware, I started a thread a year ago about people pooping at work and I got attacked left and right for not being tolerant/accepting. But it was quite a fun thread!
LOL - I just skimmed through it. I was surprised to see all of the people who thought your mental health was not in good shape.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM

Don't even get me started on snot!
But they'll probably attack me then, too.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Oh man.... someone DESTROYED the bathroom recently. I usually work out in the field, but I go to the office a few times a week.

I walked into the bathroom, and man... I about died, There was a guy in one of the urinals and he looked green, another dude was at the sink washing up, he was going at it at a good clip.

There was a sense of urgency that was in the air.... amongst other things....

Whew.. I don't know if "number 2" man was sick or what, but... jeez....

Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 PM

Oooohhh, watch out! You might get labeled a "mentally disturbed hater" for your anti-poop and anti-snot attitudes! I guess we're supposed to just accept people flaunting all their bodily functions around the workplace. It's a form of "sharing" I guess.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:26 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Oooohhh, watch out! You might get labeled a "mentally disturbed hater" for your anti-poop and anti-snot attitudes! I guess we're supposed to just accept people flaunting all their bodily functions around the workplace. It's a form of "sharing" I guess.
Tracy, I know tons of people gave you grief about pooping although my concern was that if you "had to go, you had to go"...but your post was sooooo entertaining. I'm guessing though, that I was not yet acquainted with my work mate's habits. I cannot go near the ladies room around break time because I don't want to barf at work...or anywhere really...good grief. And I feel fairly confident it's her diet that makes her so ... off putting.

If I ever see a person (in real life or in movies) spit a big ol' loogy, I heave. I can see blood and other disgusting things, but somethin' about snot and spit that gets me going. Anyway, OP...can you ask the guy not to share? Ask him to take care of biz away from the others if it gets to be "too long"?

Old 06-20-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Tracy, I know tons of people gave you grief about pooping although my concern was that if you "had to go, you had to go"...but your post was sooooo entertaining. I'm guessing though, that I was not yet acquainted with my work mate's habits. I cannot go near the ladies room around break time because I don't want to barf at work...or anywhere really...good grief. And I feel fairly confident it's her diet that makes her so ... off putting.

If I ever see a person (in real life or in movies) spit a big ol' loogy, I heave. I can see blood and other disgusting things, but somethin' about snot and spit that gets me going. Anyway, OP...can you ask the guy not to share? Ask him to take care of biz away from the others if it gets to be "too long"?
Yeah... that is gross as hell. I remember going to the horse race track and the ground was just covered with that, every so many paces you had to keep looking down unless you wanted to step in it.

People gross me the hell out......

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships