Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:29 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times

Advertisements

He just doesn't think his new gf is as hot as you are and he's embarrassed to introduce her.
This makes the most sense to me.
Koale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM

17 posts, read 72,209 times
He was never your friend. He pretended to be your friend in order to get know you so that hopefully one day that you two will be in a relationship together. Once you said no, it was the writing on the wall. He had no chance in getting with you, so he turn his focus elsewhere. Most men pretend to be a female friend to increased their chances being in a relationship with you. Women do the samething. Once they have a significant other that meet their needs pretty much you become useless to them and they cut off the friendship off. There are some good platonic friendship out there, but they are rare.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflamesx View Post
There are some good platonic friendship out there, but they are rare.
Yes, it's possible to be in a platonic friendship with a woman if she has a big and angry husband.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Once I had a bf that did not like one of my guy friends. My guy friend would contact me when I was with my bf, and he asked me to discontinue the friendship. I thought about it, and decided to cool it with my guy friend. The reasoning I used was I put myself in his shoes. My guy friend was good looking, successful, and someone that could conceivably be seen as a threat. I would not like a girl like that hanging out with my bf. Your friend obviously wanted more, and now he is in a relationship that needs to be his first priority.

I woul drop a boyfriend before I would drop a good friend just because the boyfriend did not like it.
I choose my friends and my boyfriends and I choose who to stay in contact with and if he does not like it he can move right on down the road.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 PM

102 posts, read 152,415 times
Because if a guy finds out he has no chance of sticking his thing in you he has no use for you. Most guys (average ones) aren't into getting to know a girl as a friend only. If he's giving you attention he's into you.

Plus yea.. most girls who have a man aren't into their men having girl "friends" on the side either. Because of the first reason (and they know that).

So probably a little bit of both. He liked you... you didnt like him... he had no chance... he moved on to look for a girl who did. .. now the girl who DOES like him DOESN'T like YOU talking to HIM.

That simple.

Last edited by L3XX; 07-02-2013 at 09:19 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Some girlfriends does not want their boyfriends to hang out with other girls.
Yeah, and with good reason. These "other girls" (usually) want that man.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:36 PM

102 posts, read 152,415 times
Default Not That Complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Ok, I get it that he now has a GF and he is "busy", but do you guys forget about your friends when you are in a relationship? I find it hard to believe! I'm not asking him to be as close as we were, but at least be courteous by replying to a simple text or a call.

It's all good though, I got it now; he was never my friend in the first place and I should stop whining about a friendship that never existed.

Yea you should read my reply on top of this one. Its plain and simple.

Just because you said "one" guy still stayed your friend that just makes that guy not the average one. The odds of the next guy staying friends after he got shot down, are zero to none. Like the one yr talking about now. Plus guys and girls are different. Guys dont need or look for friendships like girls do. They have sex on the brain 24/7. Not things like "making friends". Like girls do. So the "friendship" you thought was going on was really just another prospect to him. Not a friendship he probably didn't need or wasnt looking for. Guys priority number one is where can they put their thingy, not a place where they can make friends with it. And how do you know he even has the phone on him when you text him. His girl probably grabs it everytime you send one or told him not to text you back. Trust me she knows about you. He told her.

Think about it. If you had this thing hanging between yr legs that acted up everytime you saw something (someone) you liked. You'd probably be sticking it anything and everything you could too. And I'm not a dude. Just a girl who can put myself in anybody elses shoes and has a whole lotta common sense.

I've NEVEEEEEER ran into a guy that just wanted to be my friend. Not to brag, but all my life I've gotten way too many compliments about my looks (to the point where its corny), and I know no dude wants to "just be friends" with me. That's just using common sense about what guys are all about on top of the way they all look and talk to me. The way a guy whos attracted to you, talks to you, is way different than some chick you just clicked with as friends. I've never had a guy come at me like that. I wouldnt even expect a guy to want to be my friend or want or need one for that. I mean if we're cool we're cool but I dont look at guys for friendship anymore than they would with me. If I'm not into him like that (shrug) Im NOT INTO him. Ive got my girl friends to hang with for friendships.

I dont know. Thats my thing. I do think more like a guy than the average girl. Probably why I'm not into guys as friends just like they aren't. NOTHING about a man is mysterious to me. They are what they are. Girls are the ones who are too deep. A perfect example is this question.

It's not that complicated.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:26 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,717 times
Quote:
I was very good friend with this guy until he asked me out and I said no, but at least, we still kept in touch. Now that he has a girlfriend, he doesn't even return my calls or texts anymore. I'm shocked!

I mean, we were really good friends! -Or so I thought! He hid his girlfriend from me and He didn't even want to introduce her to me when I finally found out! I am not going to bite or anything!

I was kind of hurt by his attitude because I really believed in our friendship!

What is it with you people???
He wanted to take it further, you didn't. He found a girl that he can share deeper intimacies with so you're not as important to him.

I've been in that situation before with a couple of ladies and I had to find out the hard way that they weren't really my friends. I was the guy they would call when it was convenient for them. They would never answer the phone or return messages when I called. When they needed a shoulder to cry on or some sort of punching bag to vent their problems, my number was first on the speed dial. I got sick of hearing these women bad mouth guys while pretending to be my friend so I cut ties with these ladies.

Not profitable to keep the company of people who blatantly take advantage of your good nature and never return any favours themselves.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:45 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
I was very good friend with this guy until he asked me out and I said no, but at least, we still kept in touch. Now that he has a girlfriend, he doesn't even return my calls or texts anymore. I'm shocked!

I mean, we were really good friends! -Or so I thought! He hid his girlfriend from me and He didn't even want to introduce her to me when I finally found out! I am not going to bite or anything!

I was kind of hurt by his attitude because I really believed in our friendship!

What is it with you people???
You had him relegated to "friend" status...He obviously felt like there may have been more. He felt rejected when you didn't want to date, but kept some contact to save face, be a good sport..whatever fits.
He now has a girlfriend, and like his other "friends" he doesn't have time for you.
You, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You had your chance.
Don't take it personal, you rejected him. Move on.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Unfortunately when someone gets in a relationship the platonic friendship is not the same. I have a female friend now who only calls me when she is in her car because she knows that she can't talk to me once she gets home because she lives with her boyfriend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships