Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:40 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times

Advertisements

I am not posting this to start a flame war..............but how is the OP rude? You trespass, steal my property, park in my space and I defend my property and expect respect on my property. I am shocked. Rude I don't think so. Sure it could have been handled better but the OP had every right to do what they did. It's almost as if some on this thread would do the same thing to their neighbor with no qualms?

Have anyone of you considered what state this might occur in. You do that in CO or TX and you may be shot dead people carry CCW and feel threatened when other trespass on their property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 PM

774 posts, read 1,693,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I am not posting this to start a flame war..............but how is the OP rude?
Whoever escalates from verbal to physical is in the wrong. Always. Sorry.
Even on your own property. Back away and call in the authorities if necessary.

About the parking situation, I think we need a photograph.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:15 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
This is not going to end well.....

Old 07-26-2013, 01:31 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
In Oregon, one can be shot for trespassing. I cannot go onto my neighbor's property and then take something that is not mine. Isn't this simple? What am I missing? As for he car, Tow the car. Simple.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
In Oregon, one can be shot for trespassing. I cannot go onto my neighbor's property and then take something that is not mine. Isn't this simple? What am I missing? As for he car, Tow the car. Simple.

Ummm. ......

No. In Oregon, if you shoot someone for taking some apples from your tree, then you will be spending a long time in the Oregon State Penitentiary System.

Your neighbor can't just shoot you for going onto his property.

I really wish folks would stop making things up.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:32 AM

774 posts, read 1,693,874 times
But this is America, for God's sake!

Can't we just shoot people for fun?

Otherwise what's the point. Jeez

Old 07-26-2013, 02:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
If someone uninvitedly puts their car on my property, I am just going to assume it's my car now.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:36 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Op has still not stated for sure, that the parking spot is actually, legally his.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:49 AM

45 posts, read 100,337 times
First off, swallow a little pride to make peace..the situation escalated out of hand. They've all taken advantage of the property having been "abandoned" for sometime so therefore have helped themselves (not condoning that...someone or something always holds that property)..BUT, maybe a letter, drip it with honey, to your new neighbors, in the "I am your new neighbor and own the property at such and such and being "responsible" for said property, please ask me about my apples, my driveway, or throwing things onto my property just as i would do for any body..sorry for any misunderstandings and that my feathers got so ruffled this time...sit back see how it goes, if totally ignored..go to courthouse to file for no trespassing private property (makes public record)..they should tell you what this entails and your recourses, also talk to homeowners insur. about the problem..ie what if said apple picker falls in my yard (who ya gonna sue ) and that car parked in your yard..call for tow...well just some ideas you have to live there try to keep it civil hope it gets better

Old 07-26-2013, 06:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I am not posting this to start a flame war..............but how is the OP rude? You trespass, steal my property, park in my space and I defend my property and expect respect on my property. I am shocked. Rude I don't think so. Sure it could have been handled better but the OP had every right to do what they did. It's almost as if some on this thread would do the same thing to their neighbor with no qualms?

Have anyone of you considered what state this might occur in. You do that in CO or TX and you may be shot dead people carry CCW and feel threatened when other trespass on their property.
The OP handled this wrong from the get-go, and her level of hostility is frightening.

Shoot someone for trespassing? Yeah, right. Try that and see whether it "resolves" the situation.

Look, all the OP had to do was go up to the trespasser, introduce herself and say, "Hey, I'm Angry Millionaire. We just moved in. How long have you lived here?"

Then after a minute of actually getting to know the person you are talking to so you know if they are a psycho, you say, "I see you're taking fruit from my tree. From now on it would be better to ask me beforehand so I don't mistake you for a prowler."

If you see the neighbor trespassing again, GO OUTSIDE and tell them to stop. EXPLAIN that you are not sure your dogs (if you have them) won't bite them and your husband won't shoot them if he is surprised. Just stop with all the passive-aggressive childish bullsh*t.

And you don't walk up to someone you just moved next door to and knock something out of their hands. THAT is absolutely the WRONG way to solve your problem and will probably only serve to motivate them to provoke you more, as the new neighborhood assh*le.

As for the parking, it's easy. They park there because they think it's convenient. SO you make it inconvenient for them. Block in their car until they have to come get you to move yours. Then you tell them not to park in your driveway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships