Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:03 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
So why are you posting about it?

A rare moment of boredom at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
I used to be a cashier, so I can tell you, most cashiers rarely, if ever think about their customers. She was most likely worried about personal issues.
Fair point and agree.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:21 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Honestly, as a fellow female, my first thought when I read the OP was that she felt her tampon start to leak and needed to rush to the bathroom to take care of it. That could be why she went from mellow to antsy for no visible reason. She didn't want it to become visible.

OK, now I am worried that this will upset some readers. They might become antsy.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,452,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Its not a biggie. But I was a little offended. Was at a retail store, during the purchase I asked for the maximum amount of cash they accept via eft-pos. Service was all good up till then. So I entered my pin and pressed enter.
As it was processing she was noticeably fretting for whatever reason. It was uncomfortable.

So the transaction is accepted and she gives me my cash. Can think of a few possible reasons she was fretting.
But in my mind its not very professional or a good look.
LOL How the heck do you know what she was thinking? If you were offended by the thoughts she was thinking silently in her own head then you truly are a weirdo.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
LOL How the heck do you know what she was thinking? If you were offended by the thoughts she was thinking silently in her own head then you truly are a weirdo.
The customer always comes first. You should never make a customer feel uncomfortable. Esp a valued customer who has probably spent 60K+ at your stores over the years. Just as well I didn't lay a formal complaint. If she pulls that again I will be. I can let one time slide.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
The customer always comes first. You should never make a customer feel uncomfortable. Esp a valued customer who has probably spent 60K+ at your stores over the years. Just as well I didn't lay a formal complaint. If she pulls that again I will be. I can let one time slide.
I've read the whole thread and have yet to understand what she did that offended you. Failed to genuflect and kiss your ring when she handed you the money? You asked for change and she gave it to you, although noticeably fretting, whatever that means. Did she sigh and roll her eyes? Did she give you a dirty look?

I'd love to be the manager who reads your complaint if "it" happens again. "Your clerk fretted when I asked her for change on my debit card. I demand an apology."

Old 08-23-2013, 08:58 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:

Yes, the customer should always come first, which means you treat them in a professional, polite manner and progress the transaction as quickly and as efficiently as you can. If you complain about this, the manager is going to have to hold in the laughter, because this poor girl didn't even do anything wrong!
You will only make yourself look like a crazy person, and will never be taken very seriously by them after that. I mean she wasn't rude to you, in any measurable way....if she made you feel uncomfortable, well honestly you sound a little sensitive and unhinged, lol..Sad, that you would want to take your own paranoia out on this little cashier just trying to do her job....she didn't really do anything, so she can't control how this would somehow make you feel bad or upset.
(Yes, the customer always comes first but in dealing with the public you do also come across some unreasonable people who have impossible expectations and harbour personal mental health issues -when you complain about something like this, you are going to be lumped into that category.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships