Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:15 PM

206 posts, read 303,960 times

Advertisements

I need to know something, do you think my gut is right when its telling that i love people more than they love me? I ask because some times i think about this because my gut is telling that either i think my love is deeper or its not as Deep as i thought. So my brother with or with out drugs have belittled me for many years but he has taken up for me to when were younger. But not to long ago he started acting very crazy to me on cocaine and i would never do that. My sisters show me love it seems but they dont do things for me like i do for them. I have always taken up for my sisters but they act like they dont want to do the same for me. When i graduated high school my siblings got me nothing just my mom did! Some times i feel like they just act like they love me but in reality what would they do if i really needed them?
my friends dad gave his brother his kidney when his was failing but would my siblings do the same ?
i am just saying do you think my gut is right and i should just worry about my own life ? My cousin said he love me and that i am doing him wrong by not talking to him but how does he love me. When i was around him all he did was complain and yell and he used a bullying tone for nothing. Some times when i was with him he tried telling me what to do yelling Very loud like i am not an adult but a child. I would never do things like that and if i did i would have stopped if they asked but now my my cousin wants to change since i left him. I feel like he should have been stopped that years ago!! Why is it that i feel better now that i am not around them as much?

so if any one can answer me thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
I need to know something, do you think my gut is right when its telling that i love people more than they love me? I ask because some times i think about this because my gut is telling that either i think my love is deeper or its not as Deep as i thought. So my brother with or with out drugs have belittled me for many years but he has taken up for me to when were younger. But not to long ago he started acting very crazy to me on cocaine and i would never do that. My sisters show me love it seems but they dont do things for me like i do for them. I have always taken up for my sisters but they act like they dont want to do the same for me. When i graduated high school my siblings got me nothing just my mom did! Some times i feel like they just act like they love me but in reality what would they do if i really needed them?
my friends dad gave his brother his kidney when his was failing but would my siblings do the same ?
i am just saying do you think my gut is right and i should just worry about my own life ? My cousin said he love me and that i am doing him wrong by not talking to him but how does he love me. When i was around him all he did was complain and yell and he used a bullying tone for nothing. Some times when i was with him he tried telling me what to do yelling Very loud like i am not an adult but a child. I would never do things like that and if i did i would have stopped if they asked but now my my cousin wants to change since i left him. I feel like he should have been stopped that years ago!! Why is it that i feel better now that i am not around them as much?

so if any one can answer me thanks.
You think too much.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You think too much.
how is that ?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:18 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,877,766 times
Perhaps it's time you go in for therapy?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,485 times
Some people are givers - generous with their feelings, with kindness and favors. It may be that the people you are surrounding yourself with simply are not capable of demonstrating that type of affection.

Don't forget, too, that we all express ourselves differently. Perhaps they didn't buy you gifts for graduation, for example, but they took time to spend the afternoon with you. However, if they did nothing, then perhaps they just don't think of others.

Be fair about what you expect from people. Help others because you like to and because it makes you feel good, not because you will ever get anything in return.

From what you wrote, it sounds like your family is not very giving toward you and perhaps you need to expand your circle and spend more time with others. Make sure you attract quality people and not moochers.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
Some people are givers - generous with their feelings, with kindness and favors. It may be that the people you are surrounding yourself with simply are not capable of demonstrating that type of affection.

Don't forget, too, that we all express ourselves differently. Perhaps they didn't buy you gifts for graduation, for example, but they took time to spend the afternoon with you. However, if they did nothing, then perhaps they just don't think of others.

Be fair about what you expect from people. Help others because you like to and because it makes you feel good, not because you will ever get anything in return.

From what you wrote, it sounds like your family is not very giving toward you and perhaps you need to expand your circle and spend more time with others. Make sure you attract quality people and not moochers.

They never listened to me they kept treating me like a child why would some one do that. its so harsh

Old 02-10-2014, 10:00 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
You need to find someone to love you other than your relatives. Then the way they treat you won't bother you as much.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,467,774 times
you are absolutely correct!

Old 02-11-2014, 03:56 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
People will go as far as you let them in how they treat you. Sound like you should have changed this a long time ago. Try being independent of your family and do your own thing. How old are you by the way, and do you live with your parents? This info can help in the advice you are seeking.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:02 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,905,940 times
In the dog world, whoever lets their butt be sniffed first is the submissive one.

Take from that what you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships