Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:02 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times

Advertisements

We are in a Regus office and Regus had pizza from Pizza Hut delivered. When I went in there, I noticed people were just grabbing a piece or two, likely out of trying to have enough for everyone, but there was more than an ample amount.

Do you take less than you'd normally eat if food is catered to try and be nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,327 times
No. I take what I'm interested in eating which is normally a small amount of fruit, salad or a sandwich. I leave the pizza, muffins, bagels, cookies and sodas for everyone else.

Last edited by Eazine; 06-12-2014 at 10:42 AM..

Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
No. But I wouldn't need more than a piece or two anyway.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:14 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
No. I take what I'm interesting in eating which is normally a small amount of fruit, salad or a sandwich. I leave the pizza, muffins, bagels, cookies and sodas for everyone else.

Im sure people appreciate you leaving the good stuff for them.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:28 AM

912 posts, read 1,525,325 times
I do usually start on the small end of my appetite capacity at that current moment, figuring that I can always go get more food (if I want it and if there's more available after everyone has made a first pass) -- or if I want more food and there's none available for seconds, getting myself a snack later isn't hard.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
It's called being considerate of others. If everyone has eaten and there's still food left over, go back for seconds.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Im sure people appreciate you leaving the good stuff for them.
Note I said a small amount - there is plenty left. There will always be people who walk away with towering plates and people who take barely anything. Considering I'm very careful about my calories I take a very small amount and I select what I want to eat - especially if I've paid to attend a catered conference.

The only issue I've ever encountered where I now hold back, is selecting vegetarian options. I've seen a few conferences run out because more people than anticipated opted for a slice of cheese pizza or veggie sandwich. With that said, I've attended and hosted many large events - and if there is a risk of food running out it wasn't properly planned and catered in the first place.

Last edited by Eazine; 06-12-2014 at 10:51 AM..

Old 06-12-2014, 10:49 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswanlady View Post
I do usually start on the small end of my appetite capacity at that current moment, figuring that I can always go get more food (if I want it and if there's more available after everyone has made a first pass) -- or if I want more food and there's none available for seconds, getting myself a snack later isn't hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's called being considerate of others. If everyone has eaten and there's still food left over, go back for seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Note I said a small amount - there is plenty left. I'm cery careful about my calories but not everyone has that restriction - many people prefer sweets and pizza, but at a conference it will make me crash. The only issue I've ever encountered where I now hold back is selecting vegetarian options. I've seen a few conferences run out because more people than anticipated opted for a slice of cheese pizza or veggie sandwich.
Several family members are vegetarians (or vegans) and that is a real pet peeve of theirs (non-vegetarians eating all of the vegetarian food before everyone gets a chance).

My daughter said that there have been quite a few times when she has been left with nothing to eat that hadn't been in contact with meat or meat juices. Now she is more proactive and may request that more vegetarian food be sent from the kitchen or she gets near the head of the line (depending on the circumstances).

Old 06-12-2014, 11:20 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
We stopped catering to the vegan, vegetarian, and only organic food members of our family years ago because they do nothing but complain.

No special meals or foods for anyone anymore in our home.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:42 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Since it's not an "all you can eat buffet" I don't think so and I don't go to those anyway.
A couple of slices of pie would be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships