Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 08:08 PM

206 posts, read 158,418 times

Advertisements

Hi. So me and my mom have a "chief of police" neighbor and his annoying family. We just moved here a couple of months ago and they are not good neighbors.

They are currently screaming outside right now. They play their music up very loud which in our small town I thought was considered an ordinance?

So they have a backyard, a deck, and their own driveway (a concrete one and a gravel one) and grass on the side of their garage.

Our shed divides the grass and our property.

They decide that they can have their guests park in our driveway and come over and sit in our driveway and play Frisbee in our freakin driveway, even going so far as to bring a whole garbage barrel over to have that be the "goal." Hitting our garage, garage door, and more than likely my mom's car.

They don't even talk to us. They always stare like creeps.

And my mom went out there to pull in her car and she found the Frisbee on her side of the car which means that it had to have flew across the top or windshield of her car so she kicked it to the end of our driveway.

Well then they started talking and yelling about us! I heard the snotty little brat girl yell, "this was our turf before she moved here!"

Along with other things.

Since when did someone else's property become one's "turf?"

Just because he is a cop, "chief of police", they think they can do whatever they please.

Mom is backwards about that stuff and don't want to start something and I told her she might as well because its already been started!

Surely there is something that could be done? Any suggestions?
I'm sure just talking to them about it wouldn't solve anything. They are arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 08:11 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Call the police...

Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Hate to say it but it's a lose lose for you.

Better off moving.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Call the police...

But he IS the police!

Old 06-28-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Hate to say it but it's a lose lose for you.

Better off moving.

I don't know if that will be happening lol

Old 06-28-2014, 08:18 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Just remember to record everything and have it upload automatically to an offshore server. And not just any "offshore," but preferably a server somewhere like Russia that will laugh off attempts at copyright claim deletion.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancycakes View Post
But he IS the police!
Call the Sheriffs.

Then go to the media.

Record stuff. Get something good, he'll get fired.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 PM

So do you guys agree that we should do something?

I hate that it has to feel like war. Especially since we haven't been living here that long! But they are the ones starting it. We are not bad people. Just stay on your own property and be respectful. You're a damn cop.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
File a compliant with court same as you would any other neighbor if breaking the laws or ordinances.Remember you have to file on individual(s0 by name.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancycakes View Post
So do you guys agree that we should do something?

I hate that it has to feel like war. Especially since we haven't been living here that long! But they are the ones starting it. We are not bad people. Just stay on your own property and be respectful. You're a damn cop.
You sound very young......do you mind if I ask how old you are????

Is your family renting or, does your family own the home.

These questions will make a big difference in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships