Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 08:33 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
No need to do anything. You tried many times. A true Christian would not do what she is doing to you. I'm sure the passing of her dad has an effect on her but you were also there for you as you told us. Perhaps its something you did or she perceived you did. Anyway, if you really need to then ask her. If she gives you the cold shoulder again tell her you wont contact her anymore and the reason why. Just let it be and focus on yourself. It bothers you because you are a caring person but don't let the caring hurt yourself either.
Being a Christian has nothing to do with grief and sadness! JHC.

smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 03:44 PM

11 posts, read 32,833 times
Let it go - it is not you, it is her. I have been told (and have realized it myself a few times) almost always people do what they do not because of something you did or did not do, but for their own internal reasons. You had nothing to do with her decision, it does not reflect in any way badly on you.
Just move on and find another friend. Good luck!

Old 11-09-2014, 04:24 PM

186 posts, read 238,854 times
It does seem like she's being rude. But if she doesn't try talking to you, or trying to atleast hold a tiny conversation just move on. I'm sure losing a parent completely changes a person, with a new boyfriend, and I'm sure a typical busy college student she probably has a lot on her plate. Just move on stop putting so much effort on someone that isn't doing the same for you.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:00 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider24 View Post
I offered myself to her. Going to get lunch, inviting her to church, and even joining her for church. I wrote on her wall Facebook wall a few times. I tried to be there for her but I did not want to suffocate her. She had a lot of girlfriends by her side in all this.
Can't you take a hint?

Let it go. She has a new group of friends and has told you in a roundabout way trying not to hurt your feelings you are not part of her life anymore. Move on and quit bothering her.

I lost my first GF to religion. I can't relate but whatever. Stuff happens and people do change.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:45 AM

14 posts, read 12,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Can't you take a hint?

Let it go. She has a new group of friends and has told you in a roundabout way trying not to hurt your feelings you are not part of her life anymore. Move on and quit bothering her.

I lost my first GF to religion. I can't relate but whatever. Stuff happens and people do change.
I am not bothering anybody. When she first started acting distant, I stopped trying to to talk to her. I let her be. I tried again a few months later and I got all this from her. I have been very respectful of her space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships