Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 07:40 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times

Advertisements

I have a friend, who enjoy Face book a lot. She check her news feed every second, her phone always ping ping ting and with notifications sounds.

Well this is the drama I hear from her just a second ago. All the sudden She lost her access. She tried to get the password but was not possible. Then she got a message saying she is pretending as some one else. So she need to upload a PP copy and appeal if FB made a mistake with disabling her account ,So she did every thing they have asked as she said. Now she got appeal results saying " your PP copy seems not enough send us Bank slip or Driving License copy but everything need to be in Color because the person who says that is you, has already provided a PP copy and it is the same of yours so we need to clarify more to see who is the real person"

Did any one on FB made this sort of situation?. I have no clue I am not a member of FB. I feel like it is a big relief when I hear that. I did not want to make a comment but I feel like some one trying to get her information.

Any feed back from FB experts would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 07:43 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Facebook would not do that... she is being scammed.

Seriously... bank slip and driver's license? Facebook would never ask someone for those.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Facebook would not do that... she is being scammed.

Seriously... bank slip and driver's license? Facebook would never ask someone for those.
Not even after they disable your account for some reason?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:46 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
My guess is that Facebook did not disable the account... the hacker did.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
^^^^^ this!

Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I second that emotion.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
^^^^^ this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I second that emotion.
Really that is dangerous or not? What can she do about to inform FB? Face book is a drama as some one said in another thread

Old 11-26-2014, 07:51 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Exactly. Facebook would never ask for that personal info. She has been hacked! Contact FB directly.

https://www.facebook.com/help/131719720300233/

Old 11-26-2014, 07:51 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I have a friend, who enjoy Face book a lot. She check her news feed every second, her phone always ping ping ting and with notifications sounds.

Well this is the drama I hear from her just a second ago. All the sudden She lost her access. She tried to get the password but was not possible. Then she got a message saying she is pretending as some one else. So she need to upload a PP copy and appeal if FB made a mistake with disabling her account ,So she did every thing they have asked as she said. Now she got appeal results saying " your PP copy seems not enough send us Bank slip or Driving License copy but everything need to be in Color because the person who says that is you, has already provided a PP copy and it is the same of yours so we need to clarify more to see who is the real person"

Did any one on FB made this sort of situation?. I have no clue I am not a member of FB. I feel like it is a big relief when I hear that. I did not want to make a comment but I feel like some one trying to get her information.

Any feed back from FB experts would help!
She was hacked. She needs to get with Facebook through their Facebook Help page, not any email she received, and tell them what happened.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:53 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,334,327 times
Good luck contacting Facebook. She will never get a live person. If I were her, I would sit down at a computer (not the mobile app) and try to log in. There are ways to recover the password if it's been changed by the hacker; however, he could have totally taken over the account. If that's the case it might be best to write it off and start another. Do not tell her to send any personal information to this person under any circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships