Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:19 AM

160 posts, read 384,829 times

Advertisements

My mom was trying to call me and text that she is going out and to remember to let the dogs out so I text her back saying I will. I was enjoying a good movie when 5minutes later there was a knock at my door so I assumed it was my mom so I yelled WHAT really loud and I opened the door and instead was a neighbor down the road looking for her dog. I felt so embarrassed and apoapologized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,292,680 times
I embarrass myself all of the time... so what? It gives me something to laugh at.

Yesterday, I went to pick up my 14 year old son from a homework project with a bunch of other kids. I saw a blond kid look out the window. I was getting tired of waiting so I waved real big and blew a kiss. Guess what? It wasn't my child. It was another blond boy with similar hair and clothes.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:43 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Just give me a few glasses of wine......

Old 01-25-2015, 11:55 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,448 times
Everyday. The worst was when my kids were young. My older sister and I loved to go yard sales, and that day we were having a blast. We drove up to one and were picking items up, but felt a bit uncomfortable as the home owners were standing in the garage just staring. Finally the dad came out to let us know they were NOT having a yard sale, they were cleaning out their garage.

You never saw 2 women and 4 kids, slink away with their heads down so fast.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Doing something embarrassing once in a while is perfectly normal. It helps keep us imperfect humans humble. It's hard to be arrogant when you mess up.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:43 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
I have a real knack for fully forgetting things I do that are embarrassing. Like I totally blank them out totally from memory. Its a talent :-)

My husband has some great stories though. When he embarrasses himself, its epic

Old 01-25-2015, 12:50 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,664,677 times
On a daily basis but if you can laugh at yourself that helps.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:11 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
im with the rest of these fine folks on this thread,,,at times I will embarrass myself just to get a laugh out of someone

I was in a dunkin donuts recently, and the clerk behind the counter was having a tough day,,,
no one was in line behind me,,,so I go up to order- looking over the donuts, I ask for a donut hole,,and then looking her straight in the eye and asked if she sold coffee-she looked at me and then turned around to the 3-4 screens showing different coffees on them -
her face got red and she burst out laughing - she turned around,,,- thinking maybe I was special and she didn't want to appear she was laughing at me ..but she started giggling and couldn't stop

she charged me for the donut hole.... but she bought the coffee for me!!
and thanked me for making her laugh,,,she needed it!

two weeks ago,,im going thru some drive thru, maybe it was burger king (one window)
I ordered my meal,, and had an important call at the same time,,,gave the lady a 20.00 for the meal,,,she gave me change, and I took off,,, ..about a 1/2 mile down the road,,,it came to me,,,i paid for the lunch and never got it!!!

Old 01-25-2015, 04:02 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
I once woke up from an afternoon nap and blearily felt like a cup of tea and realized I had no milk (essential in the tea for a Brit). I was living in a 4-plex and walked over to my neighbor's open door. He and his wife were sitting there on the sofa facing the door watching TV. I stood in the doorway and politely excused myself for bothering them but asked if they could possibly spare me a little milk for a cuppa. I wondered no more about the expression on their faces or the very long pause when the husband quietly asked, "Do you realize you're stark naked?"

Old 01-25-2015, 04:14 PM

366 posts, read 411,060 times
Every person ever embarrasses themselves. I find it's better to have a sense of humor about it. I'm sure your neighbor understood and has had a few embarrassing moments of her own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships