Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
on facebook - been unfriended by people.

Yep.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:43 PM

715 posts, read 791,595 times
unfriended someone on facebook because they were annoying.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:31 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,941,622 times
I just unfriended a long time family friend on FB last night. I had posted about a child that was attacked by a dog in my neighborhood. She and others of her ilk believe that because a dog is a certain breed, then you can't post what breed that dog is. In response to my post, she made several mocking posts about a different dog, same breed, mocking the child who was attacked.

First, I called her out on it, privately, told her it was offensive. She said she didn't know what I meant, so I told her to have a nice life and unfriended her.

People who mock children who are actual victims, are sick. I don't need them in my life - in RL or FB

Old 09-01-2015, 07:53 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,736,446 times
I was unfriended and blocked by my cousin's wife and unfriended by my aunt (the one that is this cousin's mother).

She had a baby born two weeks ago... but I guess this all took place prior to that. I had a Friday wedding in VA where I live while all of my extended family is in PA. I sent out save the dates 8 months in advance of our wedding, prior to my cousin and his wife getting pregnant.

They decided to throw a baby shower that conflicted with my wedding, so family members had to choose between my wedding or their baby shower. The most stressful of all was coordinating how my grandmother would get to my wedding since my aunt was no longer coming.

I asked very nicely if there might be another date within a two week standard deviation that they might be happy with (figured it was worth a shot to come out and say it bothered me... they already had a gender reveal party so I didn't see it as a huge deal anyway) and they came back with, "no, this is most convenient for everybody." How does the most convenient day (which is 2.5 months prior to the baby due date) happen to fall in line with a family wedding?

I was upset and disappointed and irritated. Had this been another cousin's wedding, this conflicting date thing wouldn't have happened. For whatever reason, my cousin has always seemed jealous of us for weird reasons (ie. he was mad that we got more attention from our grandma when our sister passsed away than he did).

I almost felt like they were taunting me with posting photos of my cousin's wife brewing beer for the baby shower, doing a countdown. And all it did was remind me that my aunt could no longer attend my wedding and that I had to go through that stress of figuring out how to get my grandmother down. (my brother drove up and back to get her and return her!) My brother was so ticked that they did all of that, that he even wrote, "Send your cousin a pony keg as a wedding gift!" which is funny.

Turns out - it was a baby shower, at a winery, no children allowed (not even their young nephew), involving kegs of beer and cornhole.

I wrote on the pictures, "Nice party!"

And have been blocked ever since. I am wondering how things will play out when I go to my grandma's house in a few months. I am mostly over it, but still irritated. Particularly that my aunt unfriended me over a comment of saying a nice party looked like a nice party.

Last edited by randomlikeme; 09-01-2015 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships