Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Mopac1980 - Are you Bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 10:04 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Mopac1980 - Are you Bill?
Not at all.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
I like Bill. Seems like a guy that knows what he wants. This Rolando seems like a dweeb trying to tell everyone what to do and is obviously unstable. Avoid him at all costs. And forget Megan. If you can't be her freind without the help of Rolando...she's not worth it. She's obviously a snob. And you...you need to quit trying to manipulate everyone and judging everyone as well. Your trying to use others as a tool to make friends and that says alot for your character. Yeah...Bill sounds like the only sane one in the bunch. Either hang out with him and quit worrying about what others think...or go find some new friends. And quit playing these stupid games. It's very immature and quite pathetic. Glad I could help.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I like Bill. Seems like a guy that knows what he wants. This Rolando seems like a dweeb trying to tell everyone what to do and is obviously unstable. Avoid him at all costs. And forget Megan. If you can't be her freind without the help of Rolando...she's not worth it. She's obviously a snob. And you...you need to quit trying to manipulate everyone and judging everyone as well. Your trying to use others as a tool to make friends and that says alot for your character. Yeah...Bill sounds like the only sane one in the bunch. Either hang out with him and quit worrying about what others think...or go find some new friends. And quit playing these stupid games. It's very immature and quite pathetic. Glad I could help.

I do feel that both Rolando and Bill are meant to be friends and they do have alot in common, I have never really liked Bill growing up and I shouldn't let the turmoils and situations he has gone through get the better of me cause the past is the past! I also believe that Bill is trying to get his act together and that him being friends with Rolando is one of the greatest moments of his life, I do feel that I was trying to manipulate people into being friends with them so I can be friends with them, I used to think that Megan was my ticket to having alot of friends and I now realized that me having the same amount of friends as Megan isn't really in the cards.

As for Rolando I do like him and he is a really nice guy, there are some things I like to see him work on like for him to stop being persistant and persuasive towards people and I do feel that Rolando really thinks highly of me and I want Rolando to have nothing but the best, there are times when I feel that I do care too much about Rolando and I sometimes worry about him whenever he is hurting or going through hard times.

Anyways I wanna apologize for the way I've acted this evening towards me wanting Rolando to be friends with Megan, I was in a really bad mood this evening and I've just vented it all out, I used to think that if I was good friends with Megan I could live the easy life and be surrounded by alot of friends.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 PM
miu

Over the years since my college days, I've had different clusters of friends. And they never mixed well, so I stopped trying to introduce them all to each other. It's because I'm friends with them for different reasons and common interests. Actually what's good about having separate friends is being able to hang out with the one that fits my energy level and mood better. Some friends are better to see live music at clubs with, others to go to a nice restaurant with. And if one friend is being annoying, then I go hang out with someone else. Even better, there is no cross gossiping between the groups also. And that means less drama in my life.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Over the years since my college days, I've had different clusters of friends. And they never mixed well, so I stopped trying to introduce them all to each other. It's because I'm friends with them for different reasons and common interests. Actually what's good about having separate friends is being able to hang out with the one that fits my energy level and mood better. Some friends are better to see live music at clubs with, others to go to a nice restaurant with. And if one friend is being annoying, then I go hang out with someone else. Even better, there is no cross gossiping between the groups also. And that means less drama in my life.
I also have a different group of friends of all ages and all walks of life, there are friends I like to go bowling with and I also go to the movies with them, I've met those people through my brother and they're all really nice people who are fun to be around, I have other friends who I go to the local sports games with along with restaurants and we sometimes do things at their houses and of course with my best friend Rolando we all get together and do a wide variety of stuff, I do most of my activities with Rolando than I do with my other friends, I tend to feel more relaxed when I'm with my other friends than I do towards Rolando and while Rolando is a very nice guy he can be an acquired taste and he is nothing like the other people I have ever met.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:21 AM

48 posts, read 151,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I'd agree with this, if only Bill wasn't a woman beater....

So I too say go make some new friends.

ASnd the number of them doesnt matter, as soon as you sdtop trying to impress people and just be yourself, you'll find yourself getting more friends, and ones that respect you, like you, and you like, real friends.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:38 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,347 times
This sounds like the next season of "The Real World".

Will Megan hook up with Bill in the hot tub?
Will Rolando and Bill be able to control their rage?
Who will Mopac throw into the mix next week?

Seriously, just be who YOU are and stop trying to manipulate the people around you.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass-Stained Feet View Post
I'd agree with this, if only Bill wasn't a woman beater....

So I too say go make some new friends.

ASnd the number of them doesnt matter, as soon as you sdtop trying to impress people and just be yourself, you'll find yourself getting more friends, and ones that respect you, like you, and you like, real friends.
I definitely agree with you that all what it takes to get friends is just being yourself and don't expect alot out of them and people would like you for it, since this last summer I've made alot of friends through my younger brother and we all would get together and go bowling on Thursday nights and it's alot of fun getting together with those guys and they really think that I'm a cool guy.

I'm starting to feel greatful that I am friends with those guys and they are alot of fun to be around, fortunately they never seem to do something that angers me, while both Bill and Rolando have done something that has angered me I will definitely still be friends with them and know that I will be there for them and what they deserve to have is a great caring friend

Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I definitely agree with you that all what it takes to get friends is just being yourself and don't expect alot out of them and people would like you for it, since this last summer I've made alot of friends through my younger brother and we all would get together and go bowling on Thursday nights and it's alot of fun getting together with those guys and they really think that I'm a cool guy.

I'm starting to feel greatful that I am friends with those guys and they are alot of fun to be around, fortunately they never seem to do something that angers me, while both Bill and Rolando have done something that has angered me I will definitely still be friends with them and know that I will be there for them and what they deserve to have is a great caring friend
I would say this, be friends with Bill and Rolando, but don't give to them more than they give to you. In other words, don't be a patsy and let them use you. A good healthy friendship is balanced. You give, stop and then let them give back to you. If they never give back to you, then stop putting yourself out to them and letting yourself be taken advantage of. Friends are not charity cases. Charity cases should only be viewed as charity cases and not mistaken for being your friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships