Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 07:22 PM

162 posts, read 117,302 times

Advertisements

Long story short, I have had an incredibly rocky relationship with a friend for about a year and a half now. However, we are in the same group of friends. We got close a couple of months into being friends, a lot of people would tout it as gay and I started to be convinced myself, he initiated everything, and then I came out to him and he said it was all a joke.

A few weeks later he asked me to be his messenger for a girl that he started liking, and then whenever it didn't work, he went around and told dozens of people that I ruined everything between them two and that I don't vouch for him, etc.

And in general, I would get annoyed with him because he would do questionable things and I would always feel like he's BSing.

The last time I told him I needed distance, he acted insanely awkward around me for 2 months. Then I tried texting him, he ignored me. I texted him numerous times, no response. He tried to get me out of the group, and ruin my life, as 4 people in my group have stated, and then eventually people started seeing my side and the tables turned.

People would legitimately cuss him out for how he's treating me, and criticize him, and he would still avoid me, ignore me, and act very awkward around me. So many of them reassured me that they're all on my side. Our friends even banned him from my house and it didn't make him do anything.

Then a couple of days ago two of my friends notified him that he's going to lose all his friends if he doesn't talk to me. At first he said that "it's because I don't care about (my name), you have to respect my decision man"... but then a total 180, which I am very suspect about.

Now, we've been texting before meeting up to talk, but he literally told me that "I'm planning on going up to everyone individually and explaining that I didn't avoid this because I running away, but because I didn't care." Is that even possible? Avoiding me for 8 months and acting awkward around me instead of talking to me, and having your friends cuss you out constantly and ban you from my house, and yet you do nothing... is that really because there's no care?

tl;dr: friend and I have been very, very on and off. We haven't been friends for 8 months, because he's been avoiding me. He finally realized he's losing his friends so he started talking to me. Clarified he didn't avoid me because he was running away, but because he didn't care. Is this possible?

Old 03-03-2016, 07:35 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
I have no idea why you would even speak to or spend any time around this person.

His reason doesn't matter. This is not in any way about whether he "likes" you or cares about you. He has shown himself to be uncaring, rude and immature.

Next!

Old 03-03-2016, 07:39 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
Too much drama.

Why be involved in drama?

Old 03-03-2016, 08:01 PM

61,751 posts, read 87,217,162 times
YES - it's possible that, YES - he doesn't care.
Have some self respect. Stop talking to him.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:03 PM

124 posts, read 105,369 times
This is confusing as hell. All sounds very clickish and high school

Old 03-04-2016, 04:36 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
How he treats you makes no difference. It's also no one else's business. You are still hung up on him and you don't have enough self esteem to move on. He's a jerk and a manipulator.

You need to develop a new group of friends that he's not part of. Keep the ones you care about, but branch out and stop going to the same old hangouts he frequents. Time to grow up.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
How he treats you makes no difference. It's also no one else's business. You are still hung up on him and you don't have enough self esteem to move on. He's a jerk and a manipulator.

You need to develop a new group of friends that he's not part of. Keep the ones you care about, but branch out and stop going to the same old hangouts he frequents. Time to grow up.
I agree.

Having the group drumming up all this drama isn't flattering. It's annoying and childish.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:27 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,725 times
A whole group is socially blackmailing this guy to be your friend?

Maybe he just doesn't click with you anymore... people's friends change over time.

This is weird.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:56 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,988,136 times
if you are not gay and don't love him, why are you even still talking to him after all that drama?

You sound like a young couple or two young girls.

My advice: break up!

Old 03-04-2016, 10:59 AM

The backstory might help:

Most confusing situation I've ever been in... could it all be just a "joke"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships