Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 03:42 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times

Advertisements

If you are talented and the drawing is good, then I think she would like it. I see nothing creepy about it. The only thing is if it isn't a good drawing, she might not like it, so it's a risky thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 04:04 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,483 times
You haven't answered the question about how the drawing looks. You said it depicts her as a "strong woman". What does that mean exactly? I've seen several people ask you that question and I'm wondering also?

Old 01-10-2016, 04:29 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,448,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
You haven't answered the question about how the drawing looks. You said it depicts her as a "strong woman". What does that mean exactly? I've seen several people ask you that question and I'm wondering also?
muscular but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. I don't think I will give it to her. In fact I think after this post I am over her not that this gift was supposed to be some sort of romantic advance. I went on her fb to make sure I got over her and it looks like I did. I didn't feel a fuzzy feeling and I left pretty quickly. I guess now I really do just want to be friends with her and I think it is good if we are good friends.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:35 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
I am a man(well, used to be) and a professional artist. IF I was doing a non-commissioned piece as a gift, I would do a caricature. A very flattering one that accentuates what the subject thinks are her most positive attributes or sees herself. I don't think I would do a serious or life study type drawing. I might still draw a serious one, but keep it for myself. That said, I think its a really cool idea and very thoughtful of you to give a gift that is that personal and you put your time in to.

.::EDIT::. Ok, I see its not relevant now

Old 01-10-2016, 08:23 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post

Its full of creepsters stalkers and PUA for your average attractive woman

Esp when they could also have a bevy of guns at home or in the car or under their shirt
Alrighty then, crime show addict are we?

Old 01-10-2016, 09:39 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
I have a female friend who took the time to make me feel better. She also invited me to work out with her where she teaches a class and I was wondering if maybe as kind of a small token of my appreciation towards our friendship I should give her a drawing of her as a physically strong woman since she works out and teaches a physical class. I don't know if maybe they can put it on the wall of the gym since she is a teacher there. We were friends for maybe less than 2 years but we haven't talked that much and now we have a stronger friendship. Do you think it would make her uncomfortable if even though we have texted before this is the first time we hung out out of school for me to give her a drawing I did of her? Men could respond but I would appreciate the perspective of a woman.

I was flattered and pleasantly surprised when a male friend presented me with a sketched likeness of myself. The size was about 36" tall X 24" wide. It wasn't drawn to be absolutely life-like but was more of an impressionistic piece of art. The drawing is one of my lifetime keepsakes.

Go ahead and give her a framed medium sized drawing.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:58 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
I once sang for a senior adult group when I was very young (early 20s), and while I was singing, one of the men sketched a picture of me on a large napkin. He gave it to me afterward. I was very flattered (he said he did it because he thought I was pretty), not creeped out at all. I still have it today....somewhere in this house....

Old 01-11-2016, 05:38 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I was flattered and pleasantly surprised when a male friend presented me with a sketched likeness of myself. The size was about 36" tall X 24" wide. It wasn't drawn to be absolutely life-like but was more of an impressionistic piece of art. The drawing is one of my lifetime keepsakes.

Go ahead and give her a framed medium sized drawing.
Was your male friend also deciding to be good friends with you while secretly harbouring feelings for you? Because that is what's going on in this thread.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:02 AM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
I guess I won't give her the drawing. But I still do like the friendship.
Aw, that's a shame. I would be very pleased to have someone give me a gift like that.

You could just tell her that you like to draw, and wanted to give her a drawing you made of her. I think giving her a drawing of herself is a very nice gesture, depending on how the picture looks. I don't know what you mean about her looking "strong" in the sketch; it should not have any "sexual" overtone.

You should not expect her to hang it up in the gym, however. That would be something to let her decide.

If you're interested in dating her, in the course of your conversations find out whether she has a boyfriend. If she does not, ask her out for a coffee or lunch date--and then take it from there.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:15 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It's an extremely personal and intimate gesture either way.
This. ^^^^

If she had asked you to draw a picture of her, or, if you had told her you're an artist and would like to draw her picture, it would be completely different. But to just present her with a picture you've drawn of her seems like a very intimate gesture when you're essentially gym buddies at this point.

If you're comfortable explaining to her that you're an artist and asking to draw her picture, that would be fine. It might still make her uncomfortable and she might say no, but at least you'd know where you stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships