Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 05:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,629,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Anonymously leave a 1 liter bottle of listerine under her desk, out of the site of others, but where she will still stumble upon it eventually.
lol, this is rude. Some people brush, floss, tongue scrape, gargle, chew gum, drink water, etc. and their breath is still bad. I just make sure I maintain a safe distance when talking to people and I never smell anyone's breath (and hopefully they don't smell mine). I can only think of two coworkers who I'm aware have bad breath, but it's not that bad and I just know not to get too close. I'm not going to leave mouthwash under their desk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 10:43 PM

60 posts, read 94,335 times
Here is an update.

It looks as though our workplace management has taken action in this matter. I did not expect this to be such a big deal but she has been reassigned to a different division. I am not clear as to what had conspired to cause this change but it appears management determined she was not a good fit for her public role, reading in between the lines of our email and discussion with other coworkers. She now does more clerical type of work and works more individually.

Thanks

Old 02-26-2016, 09:32 AM

678 posts, read 876,663 times
It could just be that she does not brush her teeth. Some people don't believe in it.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:42 PM

926 posts, read 753,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
lol, this is rude. Some people brush, floss, tongue scrape, gargle, chew gum, drink water, etc. and their breath is still bad.
Very true.....my mom is one of those people, and I remember getting slapped in the face as a child for telling her that her breath smelled bad. (don't remember exactly how or what I said, though)

Old 02-26-2016, 08:40 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,798,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota nice View Post
This is a serious question so I hope I have some good ideas as to how I might be able to address the matter.

Either way, I have noticed some of my coworkers gossip about her and I feel bad her relationship dissolved due to her issues of breath. I respect her greatly and I want her to be successful however, she does have this issue and I don't know whether it is even my place to mention it to her.

My question...should I mention the issue of breath to her (which she thinks is a minor issue) and if so, how can I treat it with sensitivity?

Thanks
Interesting....I once worked for a company and ALWAYS chewed gum or had some candy...One time one of the line leads said to me "Boy you have such a nice smelling breath. Most people's breath smells like (Poopie)"

I had to laugh....

If she thinks it's a minor issue then IT IS,...It's HER choice.....

Old 06-05-2016, 05:16 PM

5 posts, read 7,393 times
I would like to know. I suffer from A bad taste in my mouth and I fear that I have it. Ppl engage with me and talk with me but I feel that I have BB so I don't let them to close. I brush my teeth and floss but still can not figure it. I get tonsil stones as well. I have been to many doctor with no results. I wanna make the necessary changes. Did the physic give her any info on how her problems can be fixed? Please send me this information . I am will to travel to see her. I often think of taken my life because this . No one knows how a person With bob feel. I don't go to function , u miss out on parties. I have to do ur job extremely well to keep it, it a strain on relationship. U become depressed and have low self esteem. I new and it was nice of you to try an establish a new friendship but I would want to know instead of gossip behind my back . Please forward me the info as I am at my lowest point.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:26 PM

5 posts, read 7,393 times
Please provide physic info

Old 06-05-2016, 09:13 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,849,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Anonymously leave a 1 liter bottle of listerine under her desk, out of the site of others, but where she will still stumble upon it eventually.
Since the OP's already extended herself beyond the co-worker relationship, I was going to suggest telling the woman tactfully---before the above starts happening.

Sadly, the ones that engage in gossip with their eyes lit up, love to do the sneaky, er... anonymous "tips"--mouthwash, coupons, magazine articles...

Tacky.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:43 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,178,745 times
OP, this is a tough call. I honestly don't think you should say anything to your co-worker. After all, even though she has bad breath you're not required to get that close to her ;

I don't really notice bad breath on anyone - other than women I've dated.....for obvious reasons. I've never said anything about it, however - I've just put up with it. Since my relationships never last long (by choice), it's not a big issue.

That being said, as someone who's big on oral hygiene, this type of thing can be a turn off. I've actually gotten to the point that if a woman who spends the night comes to bed without brushing her teeth, I'll mention something like, "Aren't you going to brush your teeth?" - and, it typically doesn't do any good. So, I just give up...

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 06-05-2016 at 10:47 PM..

Old 06-06-2016, 04:39 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,052,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBF30 View Post
I would like to know. I suffer from A bad taste in my mouth and I fear that I have it. Ppl engage with me and talk with me but I feel that I have BB so I don't let them to close. I brush my teeth and floss but still can not figure it. I get tonsil stones as well. I have been to many doctor with no results. I wanna make the necessary changes. Did the physic give her any info on how her problems can be fixed? Please send me this information . I am will to travel to see her. I often think of taken my life because this . No one knows how a person With bob feel. I don't go to function , u miss out on parties. I have to do ur job extremely well to keep it, it a strain on relationship. U become depressed and have low self esteem. I new and it was nice of you to try an establish a new friendship but I would want to know instead of gossip behind my back . Please forward me the info as I am at my lowest point.

You don't need to see a physic, you need to see a dentist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships