Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 05:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
When and how did she get the money from her "boyfriend" (who is supposedly holding it for her) without transportation? (her reason for not doing it Tuesday and waiting until Wednesday).

How does she get to her 2 jobs every day?
A lot of people don't have cars. They take the bus. I don't know about the money. Maybe she got paid and used that check to open an account. Or maybe she's just trying to appease us. I don't know. I don't think her whole story is made up though. A lot of people live in crappy abusive situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 05:42 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
When and how did she get the money from her "boyfriend" (who is supposedly holding it for her) without transportation? (her reason for not doing it Tuesday and waiting until Wednesday).

How does she get to her 2 jobs every day?
He has a car. He still has the money I gave him it wasnt very much

I told you, I walk. I've said that before so many times. All you do is post rude comments and you dont even pay attention to what I say. Seems pretty silly to me. You go out if your way to try and make me look dumb.

Your obviously going through something yourself. I wish you the best. Your profile on there it says you have kids.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:51 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,096 times
With that being said, you know I am going to keep it real.

It is naive of you to think that nothing will happen if you move in with this guy you just recently met. You should move in with someone from church or into a group roommates (preferably all female) situation.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:52 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
And use birth control. I'm not sure why someone would say, "it's not for me." Would you rather use a reliable form of birth control or have an unexpected pregnancy with someone you barely know and end up like your sister and mother with multiple children they cannot support?

Old 03-25-2016, 09:12 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Daisy, I do believe you. That said, you are facing a lot of potential changes and different options in your life right now. I hope you will think hard and realistically about your near future. The choices you make now may have consequences which will affect you for the rest of your life, so make them good choices.

I am glad you have a supportive boyfriend, but I do NOT think moving in with him - into his bedroom, for goodness' sake! - is a good idea at all. If you must move in with him, sleep on the couch, on the floor, in a sleeping bag or on a $25 cot, or better yet, see if he will offer to do this, or if he will double-up with one of his existing roommates. Better yet, talk with the lady from your church, or your pastor, and see if they can help you.

But as others have said, if you do move in with your boyfriend for more than a short period, it's very unlikely that you will not become sexually involved with each other. So, have a talk about birth control with him ahead of time, and ideally, take responsibility for yourself in this regard. Better not risk an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy, and a baby whom I am sure you would love enormously, given your very caring heart, but whom you would be unable to provide for as you would wish and whose arrival would drastically limit your future.

If you remain in your community for any length of time, see if you can find an inexpensive used bicycle at your local thrift shop or at a yard sale or rummage sale. Get it fixed up - it may need new tires - buy a good lock, and presto! You have wheels that will get you to work and back. If you work at night, get a good light and reflectors and ride on the sidewalk rather than in the street. You will find that a reliable bicycle can be a freedom machine, and it will be a lot easier on your feet and save you travel time and energy. You can add a basket later on to make it even more functional. You should be able to find a decent used bike for under $50.00.

Have you looked into Americorps? That was one of the best suggestions you've received, I think, and it would offer you excellent experience as well as a decent living.

Best wishes to you. Check with your pastor and the lady from church, and get your money from your boyfriend and put it in the bank. Hang in there.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:21 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Are you still here, Daisy? Any updates?

Old 03-30-2016, 07:24 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Are you still here, Daisy? Any updates?
She said she wasn't coming back because people were "mean" to her.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:21 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
She said she wasn't coming back because people were "mean" to her.
I only just found this thread. I must have missed the mean posts because I skipped over a big part of the middle. What I read was page after page of caring adults giving solid sound advice. And I hope she listened and found the strength to do what she needs to do to help herself. If you're reading this Daisy, I wish you the best.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:59 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
He has a car. He still has the money I gave him it wasnt very much

I told you, I walk. I've said that before so many times. All you do is post rude comments and you dont even pay attention to what I say. Seems pretty silly to me. You go out if your way to try and make me look dumb.

Your obviously going through something yourself. I wish you the best. Your profile on there it says you have kids.
Ignore that person. You have a lot of people on here supporting you and giving you good ideas.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 AM

223 posts, read 334,567 times
Everyone here has made such good points and given such great advice. I'd keep reading and re-reading this thread, OP.

Last edited by SweetOzarksGirl; 04-03-2016 at 09:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships