Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 03:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I mean it's similar to an infertile woman who has a bunch of friends getting pregnant. Feeling is the same
No, not really. Don't even try to go there, because you have not been told by a doctor that you CANNOT have kids. When someone dared to suggest that possibility in another thread, you FREAKED OUT.

It's just jealousy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 04:05 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,670,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoWAtoUT View Post
You sound like the most selfish, narcissistic, short sighted person ever.

As others have said, please seek help.
This about sums it up.

Quote:
I mean it's similar to an infertile woman who has a bunch of friends getting pregnant. Feeling is the same
No it isn't. You're making it that way.

I know someone who despite doing OK financially, owns their own condo, has a decent paying job is very resentful of anyone who they perceive as having more than they do. It's a very unflattering characteristic to have.

An example they resented a coworker whose husband was killed and the woman got insurance money. Like you it was over the top. Comments like "well she doesn't have to work now", got very resentful of her and found fault in everything she did, I finally said you do realize she lost her husband and was left a widow with two minor children. All this person could see was the $$$$$. Not the heartbreak that came with it....unreal.

Again, it's not like they were hurting fincancially. Same thing if someone inherited some money or got a new car, jealous. This person is twice your age and has hardly any friends.

You're the same way. You can't be happy with what you have(getting an advanced degree, loving parents, and your youth), you have to spin your wheels being jealous of others.

Miserable way to go through life.

And the kicker is many of these people you're so jealous of could very well have issues going on that you don't know about, and wouldn't want those issues to be your issues.

As I said earlier the married pregnant classmate your so envious of could have a parent who is seriously ill.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,212,379 times
Quote:
No it's not, and that is an insult to infertile people.

When I got pregnant, I had a friend who had been trying and trying with no luck. I dreaded telling her, but she took it very well and said I was being silly, and that, of course she was happy for us.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:09 PM

741 posts, read 479,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
No it's not, and that is an insult to infertile people.

When I got pregnant, I had a friend who had been trying and trying with no luck. I dreaded telling her, but she took it very well and said I was being silly, and that, of course she was happy for us.
She probably said that but did she actually feel that

Old 03-01-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
She probably said that but did she actually feel that
Well, she didn't stop talking to me for 6 months...

Old 03-01-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
This about sums it up.

No it isn't. You're making it that way.

I know someone who despite doing OK financially, owns their own condo, has a decent paying job is very resentful of anyone who they perceive as having more than they do. It's a very unflattering characteristic to have.

An example they resented a coworker whose husband was killed and the woman got insurance money. Like you it was over the top. Comments like "well she doesn't have to work now", got very resentful of her and found fault in everything she did, I finally said you do realize she lost her husband and was left a widow with two minor children. All this person could see was the $$$$$. Not the heartbreak that came with it....unreal.

Again, it's not like they were hurting fincancially. Same thing if someone inherited some money or got a new car, jealous. This person is twice your age and has hardly any friends.

You're the same way. You can't be happy with what you have(getting an advanced degree, loving parents, and your youth), you have to spin your wheels being jealous of others.

Miserable way to go through life.

And the kicker is many of these people you're so jealous of could very well have issues going on that you don't know about, and wouldn't want those issues to be your issues.

As I said earlier the married pregnant classmate your so envious of could have a parent who is seriously ill.
That's true I guess you never know but she doesn't seem unhappy, her outward appearance doesn't seem like she's struggling with anything other than maybe keeping up with school while being pregnant which is her own fault

Old 03-01-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Well, she didn't stop talking to me for 6 months...
I didnt cut off communication fully either I just wasn't around as much I got busy with other things to avoid her

Old 03-01-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
That's true I guess you never know but she doesn't seem unhappy, her outward appearance doesn't seem like she's struggling with anything other than maybe keeping up with school while being pregnant which is her own fault
I'm not usually one to criticize someone with mental illness. I mean, it's an illness. You can't help that you have it. You can help how you deal with it, though. I hope you have one heck of a therapist, or you are going to have a very lonely life. People will not put up with your self-centeredness for long.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:16 PM

I'm not going to make up an excuse it was childish, I'm childish I'm super jealous I just want my life to be better with a husband and babies before 30.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I didnt cut off communication fully either I just wasn't around as much I got busy with other things to avoid her
That's really nice of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships