Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 05:17 PM

741 posts, read 478,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I'm not usually one to criticize someone with mental illness. I mean, it's an illness. You can't help that you have it. You can help how you deal with it, though. I hope you have one heck of a therapist, or you are going to have a very lonely life. People will not put up with your self-centeredness for long.
The thing is I have friends I've had for years. I'm not mentally ill so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 PM

59 posts, read 50,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
She probably said that but did she actually feel that
Not everyone is as self absorbed as you. Good Gawd

Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
The thing is I have friends I've had for years. I'm not mentally ill so...
Ya, "friends" you'll start avoiding if they get pregnant before you. How long do you think they'll put up with that?

I think most people reading this would disagree with you on that one.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Ya, "friends" you'll start avoiding if they get pregnant before you. How long do you think they'll put up with that?

I think most people reading this would disagree with you on that one.
Ok well whatever. My best friend had a baby and we are still friends but life happens she has a baby and can't do a lot I live 45 mins away so it was bound to happen when you're not around each other

Old 03-01-2016, 05:32 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
That's true I guess you never know but she doesn't seem unhappy, her outward appearance doesn't seem like she's struggling with anything other than maybe keeping up with school while being pregnant which is her own fault
Well I am glad you can at least see that. Rather than just being jealous of her.

Not everyone walks around telling the world their tales of woe. I have a friend who was dealing with his mother in the final stages of Alzheimers and and the same time his 45 year old BIL dying of cancer. If you met him you would have thought he didn't have a care in the world.

He amazed me and I asked "how can you be so upbeat", he said "what good does it do going around telling everyone, they can't change it, and what's the point in telling everyone all your troubles".

So this classmate you're so jealous of could have family issues you wouldn't want.

Quote:
I'm not usually one to criticize someone with mental illness. I mean, it's an illness. You can't help that you have it. You can help how you deal with it, though. I hope you have one heck of a therapist, or you are going to have a very lonely life. People will not put up with your self-centeredness for long.

Very true, the example I gave earlier of the woman twice the age of the OP is like that. She doesn't have one female friend, lived mostly in the same area her whole life and no close friends. She drives people away being jealous and very self centered. If the OP doesn't change her ways that is how she will end up.

She's young and there is still time.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:27 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
Quote:
She probably said that but did she actually feel that
Quote:
That's true I guess you never know but she doesn't seem unhappy, her outward appearance doesn't seem like she's struggling with anything other than maybe keeping up with school while being pregnant which is her own fault
You're supposed to be in school to become a therapist, how do you not understand the basic fact that you can't judge a book by its cover.

You must be a joy to work with.

Quote:
I'm not going to make up an excuse it was childish, I'm childish I'm super jealous I just want my life to be better with a husband and babies before 30.
How the heck are you getting Masters in Social Work, with the goal of being a therapist? Have you done any internships with clients or anything?

I just can't believe this is all real. It's too ridiculous.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
You're supposed to be in school to become a therapist, how do you not understand the basic fact that you can't judge a book by its cover.

You must be a joy to work with.

How the heck are you getting Masters in Social Work, with the goal of being a therapist? Have you done any internships with clients or anything?

I just can't believe this is all real. It's too ridiculous.
I have clients now at my internship and I new development that I'm not sure how I feel about, I got offered a job out of statethat will also be working with clients

It's easier to work with clients than to deal with my stuff honestly

Old 03-01-2016, 06:35 PM

151 posts, read 189,802 times
Honestly sounds like immature bull****.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:49 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
Quote:
I have clients now at my internship and I new development that I'm not sure how I feel about, I got offered a job out of statethat will also be working with clients

It's easier to work with clients than to deal with my stuff honestly
It takes a lot but I'm genuinely speechless.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
It takes a lot but I'm genuinely speechless.
I guess for me I genuinely feel for my clients and I really see their struggle and want to see them do better. Not that I don't want that for myself but idk I just love my clients
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships