Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 08:08 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,226,445 times

Advertisements

If you don't want to shop there anymore then don't. whats the point of this post anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 08:10 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,193,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Or I will just avoid going with him whenever he needs to buy his own things for his business. He is so freakin clumsy to the point of it annoying me at times. It didnt help that we had 2 frisky toddlers and he was running late going back to work...

That is probably the best way.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:11 PM

586 posts, read 833,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
In the future, you could avoid the hassle by just keeping the receipt with the paid for item. Some stores will put a special tape or sticker on paid for items that are not bagged.

BTW, if he was shopping by himself he would have had to put the soda & toddler in the cart and walked out pushing the cart while holding the hand of the three year old. So, it would have been possible for him to do that today.
No, we went into the grocery store together. We only had 1 cart. I bought stuff for the family, he bought the pack of soda because his restaurant was running out. When we got to the pay station, he said he wanted to buy for the soda so he asked the cashier to void the item and said "I will pay for the soda pack separately." He intented to wait for me to finish because at the time there were no stations open, but a minute later, someone left (while I was still scanning our stuff) and he went over and paid for it. Afterwards he put it in my cart because we thought we would go out together after I am done, and if anyone questioned, he would be right there. Then both our toddlers started to act out so he said "honey, I am going to take them out to the car first" and I said ok. During the mist of everything (we just wanted our kids out of the store) I dont think either of us remembered the receipt. I was left with the cart so I could load my items, he went out empty handed with just our kids...

So thats the story...

Old 04-16-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
If you don't want to shop there anymore then don't. whats the point of this post anyway?
You didnt have to read it in the first place, if you dont see a point. Honestly, I dont see a point either since its over with. Just pissed at my husband for putting me in the position.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
No, we went into the grocery store together. We only had 1 cart. I bought stuff for the family, he bought the pack of soda because his restaurant was running out. When we got to the pay station, he said he wanted to buy for the soda so he asked the cashier to void the item and said "I will pay for the soda pack separately." He intented to wait for me to finish because at the time there were no stations open, but a minute later, someone left (while I was still scanning our stuff) and he went over and paid for it. Afterwards he put it in my cart because we thought we would go out together after I am done, and if anyone questioned, he would be right there. Then both our toddlers started to act out so he said "honey, I am going to take them out to the car first" and I said ok. During the mist of everything (we just wanted our kids out of the store) I dont think either of us remembered the receipt. I was left with the cart so I could load my items, he went out empty handed with just our kids...

So thats the story...

I totally believe you, but you can see how it may seem a little odd to the clerk. Checkout clerks always have to be aware of people possibly stealing items, as it happens far too often.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I totally believe you, but you can see how it may seem a little odd to the clerk. Checkout clerks always have to be aware of people possibly stealing items, as it happens far too often.
Thanks for following my story, you're a gem. I was just a little bewildered because it has never happened to me before. Well, its a lesson learned.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:50 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,920,301 times
Quote:
I have already loaded all of the groceries onto the counter, so the cart was empty. There was no way that he could carry the pack of soda out considering he had our 21 month old on his hip and holding my 3 year old 's hand. Both hands were occupied. He didnt bag it he just dumped it into the then empty cart. I think he thought it wouldnt be a problem because right after he told her that he would pay for it separately, he did do so, and she obviously knew we were together. I just dont know why she didnt catch him paying for it on his own.
So this whole "things for his store" ended up to be just the soda?

You think having a baby and 3 year old exonerates him from following logical store procedures?

WHO walks out of a store with ANYTHING not having the receipt?

The store did NOTHING wrong in fact I NEVER would have had you leave with that soda. I would have called the manager rather than get FIRED.

I've owned retail businesses and also worked in grocery stores.

NO RECEIPT? NO FOOD.

It's also funny (not really) that it was ok to drag a 3 year old and a baby to this store but he couldn't wait 5 minutes for you to pay and leave?

Old 04-16-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
So this whole "things for his store" ended up to be just the soda?

You think having a baby and 3 year old exonerates him from following logical store procedures?

WHO walks out of a store with ANYTHING not having the receipt?

The store did NOTHING wrong in fact I NEVER would have had you leave with that soda. I would have called the manager rather than get FIRED.

I've owned retail businesses and also worked in grocery stores.

NO RECEIPT? NO FOOD.

It's also funny (not really) that it was ok to drag a 3 year old and a baby to this store but he couldn't wait 5 minutes for you to pay and leave?

I think partly because he was running late to work so he wanted to save time by taking the kids out and buckling them. I honestly thought the transaction would be seen on the monitor for his pay starion thats how they catch theft in the first place by monitoring the pay stations through their monitor.

Yeah it wasnt right for us to leave without a receipt but had she needed to, and lets say he drove away or whatever she could go back to her monitor and refer to the transaction.

Btw- on a normal day I do walk out of a,store without the receipt. I hate having receipts in my purse so as soon as I look it over I toss it right then in the stores trash can and have never had a problem.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:13 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,877,205 times
People steal rolls of toilet paper from our office bathroom. Seriously, who is so hard up they have to hide a roll of TP in their purse?

Old 04-16-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
People steal rolls of toilet paper from our office bathroom. Seriously, who is so hard up they have to hide a roll of TP in their purse?

Actually, I have heard that it is so common in some offices that they have to keep the extra rolls of TP locked up in a closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships