Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:05 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,858,168 times

Advertisements

People steal pop all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 11:56 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,423,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's more crap I don't want to have to clean out of my purse or pockets later.
I was always taught to hang onto receipts...even when I went to the store for my my mom SHE looked at the receipt before she gave me any money! There's usually a trash can right outside if you absolutely MUST get rid of it before it burns a hole in either your hand or your pocket! Just be sure you don't need to return something later or you'll be mad then too!

Old 05-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 1 day ago)

16,085 posts, read 21,209,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
take it to a real, trained cashier who could have helped w/the situation and not embarrassed me. Just my thinking, though. I would, however, file a complaint if I were you.
Koale
LOL, they are real trained cashiers, they take turns manning the kiosk station though. My son always hated doing it because it's a PITA and a magnet for people trying to sneak a few things out without paying for them. She could file a complaint but it wouldn't do much good, the cashier was simply doing her job, verifying information under questionable circumstances. As far as the smirk, well OP says "she could swear", meaning she's not really sure, so what will the manager do, tell the cashier not to question anything out of the ordinary?

Old 05-03-2016, 02:40 PM

586 posts, read 833,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I was always taught to hang onto receipts...even when I went to the store for my my mom SHE looked at the receipt before she gave me any money! There's usually a trash can right outside if you absolutely MUST get rid of it before it burns a hole in either your hand or your pocket! Just be sure you don't need to return something later or you'll be mad then too!
I dont like keeping grocery store receipts because those add up. At one point, I used to stuff the receipts that the cashiers handed back and I am not joking when I say it stuffed my wallet/purse. I was at the doctors office one time and had to dig through my wallet to find the insurance card, call me disorganized but thats what hanging on to receipts does to me. The only receipts I hang on to without complaining are when I buy clothes, but as soon as I get home and figure I'm gonna wear them, I dont care much for them anyways.

Besides, who needs to return food? No, it doesnt burn a hole through my hand but once people are done shopping, especially grocery shopping whats the point of hanging on to them right aftet you exit the door? If you like to keep a stack of paper in your drawer, good for you.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:43 PM

I am surprised people are still commenting when its been...Lol i dont even know how long ago it was. I've gotten over it long ago, although at the time I was more pissed off at my husband than the cashiet.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,053,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Besides, who needs to return food?
It happens sometimes. You might get the milk home and realize its been opened, the container of strawberries is all moldy in the middle, or the salad dressing is expired.

Quote:
I am surprised people are still commenting when its been...Lol i dont even know how long ago it was. I've gotten over it long ago, although at the time I was more pissed off at my husband than the cashiet.

Says the person who is also commenting...

Old 05-03-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It happens sometimes. You might get the milk home and realize its been opened, the container of strawberries is all moldy in the middle, or the salad dressing is expired.

Says the person who is also commenting...
I'm commenting because other people are still commenting. I am replying to peoples comments because I am the OP afterall.

I am NOT saying everyone should do this, gotta make this clear in case someone starts attacking me, but I've only returned food once and thats because it was seafood and expensive and went bad before sell by date. If its anything less than $5, I usually wont care about returning it. Just not worth the time to drive back and getting in line for a pack of strawberries or a jug of milk.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:12 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,053,469 times
Quote:
I am NOT saying everyone should do this, gotta make this clear in case someone starts attacking me, but I've only returned food once and thats because it was seafood and expensive and went bad before sell by date. If its anything less than $5, I usually wont care about returning it. Just not worth the time to drive back and getting in line for a pack of strawberries or a jug of milk.
But if its something that you need, then you would have to go back to the story anyway for a replacement. Or would you just go without milk for the week? Or if you bought bad chicken, you would go without those meals for the week?

Old 05-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But if its something that you need, then you would have to go back to the story anyway for a replacement. Or would you just go without milk for the week? Or if you bought bad chicken, you would go without those meals for the week?
Chicken normally doesnt cost under $5, as mentioned earlier I dont bother returning things that are a few bucks, so chicken doesnt pertain to this. To answer your question anyway, yes I would bring back the chicken.

Milk, if I had to go back for something else then yes, but if its just for the milk alone then no. My husband works everyday so when we do run out, I just ask him to pick some up.

Over a decade ago, when I was always bored and had nothing to do, I didnt mind going to the store even a few times a day. Now I hate going to the store because that often means I have to take my kids, and you could kill me to go back just for a single item. Thats what husbands are for if Im stuck with the kids he shouldnt have any trouble picking things up for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships