Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 01:33 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,403,130 times

Advertisements

The cashier did a very good job at spotting. Thats part of her job and I might say she was courteous about. It's not personal. Water off a duck's back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 01:52 AM

37,181 posts, read 41,377,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
People steal rolls of toilet paper from our office bathroom. Seriously, who is so hard up they have to hide a roll of TP in their purse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Actually, I have heard that it is so common in some offices that they have to keep the extra rolls of TP locked up in a closet.
We have the TP problem at my husband's office, too. I only put out one extra roll at a time. I also refill the liquid hand soap bottle only half way. Full ones walk off.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:37 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,404,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Honestly though, if people get judged based off appearance, I dont look like the type that would steal anything.
I don't think there is a certain "type".

Quote:
Afterwards he put it in my cart because we thought we would go out together after I am done, and if anyone questioned, he would be right there.
^ You knew it was going to look fishy!

Quote:
Just pissed at my husband for putting me in the position.
And there it is--the truth of the story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
The cashier did a very good job at spotting. Thats part of her job and I might say she was courteous about. It's not personal. Water off a duck's back.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:01 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,928,625 times
Quote:
I think partly because he was running late to work so he wanted to save time by taking the kids out and buckling them. I honestly thought the transaction would be seen on the monitor for his pay starion thats how they catch theft in the first place by monitoring the pay stations through their monitor.

Yeah it wasnt right for us to leave without a receipt but had she needed to, and lets say he drove away or whatever she could go back to her monitor and refer to the transaction.

Btw- on a normal day I do walk out of a,store without the receipt. I hate having receipts in my purse so as soon as I look it over I toss it right then in the stores trash can and have never had a problem.
Just stop.

Stores shouldn't have to go to ALL THAT TROUBLE just to keep from hurting your "feelings".

Also you contradicted yourself. You said he was in a big rush to go put the kids in the car. But you also said "Afterwards he put it in my cart because we thought we would go out together after I am done, and if anyone questioned, he would be right there."

So you KNEW you'd get questioned but he didn't even give you the receipt or be "right there".

I think your story is STILL fishy but that's just my suspicious nature having seen all the thieves being in retail. INCLUDING having TWO grocery store employees fired for attempting to steal on MY CONVEYER BELT right in front of my eyes. One of the idiots had 12 years with the company, too.

People always think cashiers are stupid. Even if the "cashier" owns the store.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:49 AM

6,571 posts, read 8,424,883 times
Quote:
Just pissed at my husband for putting me in the position.
I don't see a reason to be pissed at your husband, nor the cashier nor the store nor yourself. Just take it as a lesson to have your receipt at the ready in case you're questioned.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:54 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,562,543 times
Big grocery stores get ripped off a lot from people walking out with groceries. She was just doing her job being watchful.

She made a simple mistake. That's all. It isn't like she was rude to you (or did she ask in a snarky voice?)

Old 04-17-2016, 07:39 AM

24,713 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Quote:
Would hate for this single incident to ruin the great relationship I have with the store. I enjoy shopping there, I just regret not having the receipt to present her so there was probably some doubt in the air as I left. Honestly though, if people get judged based off appearance, I dont look like the type that would steal anything.
What does that type look like?

Old 04-17-2016, 07:52 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,787,337 times
The cashier was doing her job. When you explained to her what had happened, she believed you and let you move on with your day. I see no problem with this.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:25 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,935,097 times
Another reason I won't use the "self-checkout". Let them ring it up and any issues are "on them".

Besides, if I wanted to be a cashier, I'd get a job there!

Old 04-17-2016, 09:54 AM

12,882 posts, read 9,115,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
So this whole "things for his store" ended up to be just the soda?

You think having a baby and 3 year old exonerates him from following logical store procedures?

WHO walks out of a store with ANYTHING not having the receipt?

The store did NOTHING wrong in fact I NEVER would have had you leave with that soda. I would have called the manager rather than get FIRED.

I've owned retail businesses and also worked in grocery stores.

NO RECEIPT? NO FOOD.

It's also funny (not really) that it was ok to drag a 3 year old and a baby to this store but he couldn't wait 5 minutes for you to pay and leave?

Then do you apologize afterward for treating a customer like a thief? I hate being treated like a thief by clerks in every store. Had the detector go off once going out so the "greeter" came over to inspect my purchase. Took out every item in every bag and compared the receipt. Ok, over the top but everything matched. Head back out and "ding". So she stops me again. Didn't you just verify everything? Repeats the whole process with everything. Third time. Ding. So once more she stops me. On the fourth ding I finally get a manager to come over who figures out which tag didn't deactivate. Yep, waste 20 minutes of my time treating me like a thief because their stupid machine didn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships