Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times

Advertisements

Gary is a long way from Ventura County in every way conceivable.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:49 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Gary is a long way from Ventura County in every way conceivable.
Very true. I heard someone mention beach houses and I did not even know that they had a beach there. Houses on the beach near me are all in the 7 figures. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 04:27 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Gary, Indiana is the town that Michael Jackson's dad wanted to get his family out of nearly 50 years ago!

Old 04-29-2016, 05:30 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Okay, all this talk about Gary, Indiana reminds me of The Music Man with Robert Preston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyClPc5Kllk

Old 04-29-2016, 06:19 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda333 View Post
That is quite a first post...
I second this. It's why I ponder making responses to first posts, and 99 percent of the time, pass.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:40 PM

10 posts, read 11,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
There MUST be more to the story. People want to cause you personal harm and vandalize your property simply because you keep to yourself? Sorry, I'm not buying.
Well buy this 4 years ago a young black woman was badly beaten for merely asking her black male neighbor to lower the music blaring from his stereo.
Her son was sick and the loud sound was disturbing him.
This woman ordeal was so shocking the police chief held a news conference about this lady's beating and it made front page news.It was covered by chicago news stations.
The man beat this girl so bad the bone around one her eyes was fractured and it was rumored that her vision may have been damaged.
It doesn't take much here in gary to stir up anger. Just be at the wrong place wrong time and come in contact with the wrong people.

it's up to you to believe what you want

Old 05-09-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
If one of your neighbors has a problem with you, that neighbor might be mentally ill. If all of your neighbors seem to have a problem with you, it might be you who has a problem. My dad is a paranoid schizophrenic and when he's not taking his meds, he believes that everyone is watching him all the time and that they're all out to get him. If that's how you're feeling and your husband isn't noticing any of the same problems or thinks you're overreacting or imagining things, you might want to talk to your doctor.
No I don't think the whole world is out to get me. this lady had a terrible influence on our block the neighbors blamed me for her outbursts. Because she was loud and annoying. This street was fine until
her family moved on it.You would have to witness her behavior to understand what I mean. If I was paranoid
I would feel the whole city was attacking me. I am human I don't like living here because of my negative experiences with troubled people.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
According to you, the crazy lady AND the neighbors are against you. What does your husband think about this? How about his brother that lives across the alley?
He is terrified of this lady and her family. Most of the people on the block refuse to go against her. They side with her out of fear.
My husband refuses to talk about her and tell me to shut up about the block when the street is brought up in conversation.
He is afraid of her and the block he had a terrible row with his brother and for a long while they didn't speak to each other
Someone suggested that perhaps his brother might be partially responsible for our difficulties with the neighbors because when
he wasn't speaking to my husband he was overheard talking about us to the people who stirred up trouble with us.

I don't know what triggered all of this

Old 05-10-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Gary, Indiana is the town that Michael Jackson's dad wanted to get his family out of nearly 50 years ago!
And the city Michael refused to come back to until he had to go trial here in the early 2000's.
No one could ever figure out why he never came back after a final concert in 1970. I remember
when after he became the "King of Pop" in 1984, a large group of young people got together and made
a video begging him to return to gary for a visit. Their plea fell on deaf ears.
I suspect Michael had a hard time here as a child. he said once people here in gary made fun of his nose, the kids always teased him and said it was too wide
and told him, he resembled a "monkey"

If that is the case I guess all those bad memories would make it hard to return to your hometown.
I can't blame him for not returning it just some memories that are too painful.
I wouldn't come back either

Last edited by alphacenturi; 05-10-2016 at 12:48 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
There MUST be more to the story. People want to cause you personal harm and vandalize your property simply because you keep to yourself? Sorry, I'm not buying.
I am not the only one who has complained about the people in this city.

My best friend moved away from here in the late 90's. before her family moved she had a hard time convincing her husband that she was miserable here and it wasn't a good environment for their two children.They fought all the time her husband was a native here
and was employed by the steel mill so it was only natural he wanted to stay.
Their fights about re-locating were getting worst. she drove every weekend to Illinois to her former hometown for relief. What finally made her husband decide to put up the sale sign was one afternoon my friend called her husband and told him she would be late getting from her job and asked would he go pick up their son who attended middle school. When he arrived at the school grounds he saw his son being beaten by a large group of boys.
My friend found out and went to the main office and threatened to call a Chicago tv news station, why? it was 13 boys involved in the ganging of her son. She told the principal he better round them all up or she would
call channel 7 news. They found the boys and they all were suspended. After that her husband told her," I see what you mean now" and told her to call a real estate office. Their went up for sale.

Many people have a story to tell about Gary, Indiana and we all aren't paranoid either. It is a different group
of people here.If you have the misfortune of running to these "different ones" life can be hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships